Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » Where do the meanies and trashies and trollies hang out to verbally beat up on others most? TWITTER, FACEBOOK, OTHER?

Where do the meanies and trashies and trollies hang out to verbally beat up on others most? TWITTER, FACEBOOK, OTHER?

Do you belong to/interact on any of them? Why? Ever been a BASHER or BASHEE? Why put yourself out there at the mercy of vindictive/envious/bitter folks? I've never experienced them but I have read about kids committing suicide because they were driven to it by the evil folks who hang there just for that purpose. I don't get why anyone finds that worthwhile. I just don't.

Posted - March 1, 2017

Responses

• Probably both of those Rosie but I couldn't tell you for sure as I don't belong to any of those places. Just heard all the stories over the years and figured it best to stay away. Have other things to do.
      March 1, 2017 7:51 AM MST

Me too Rooster. Terrible stories. Why anyone would want to be on any of them puzzles the bejesus outta me. It's true.  People come in all kinds don 't they? Thank you for your reply! :)
      March 1, 2017 8:34 AM MST

• Dear RosieG,

Yes I was a bashee once, for a short time, until I figured out what was going on...

And as to why anyone would find that worthwhile, well I have an idea.
    What if someone is severely depressed, lifelong, beginning with a terrible childhood?
    Well, maybe ANGER gives relief from the depression...so the troll is driven to find objects for anger, serially.

And as the troll drives people away, they MUST keep finding new targets for their anger...even moving from one website to another, as they drive the websites down...because to them, their anger can even be life-saving - if the depression is really deep...
      March 1, 2017 8:11 AM MST

A pox on all their houses.  When I see the occasional one on Answermug as I did before on Answerbag I ignore ignore ignore ignore ignore. If you never read the crap it doesn't exist. What doesn't exist can't possibly upset you. Mental midgets who are bitter find ways to feel better about what they are by trying to take down other people. If it is depression that drives them why aren't they getting help for it? Many are teenagers. Don't their parents realize what monsters their children are and how they get their kicks? If they're grownups it's harder. They either get hooked up with other miserable people like themselves or they are totally alone, unloved, unwanted and ready to get back at the world. Those evil girls who are responsible for the suicides of those they targeted I do hope will be targets themselves. Not that I want them to commit suicide. But they do not deserve to live a guilt-free life so I wish at the very least for them to have nightmares each night for the rest of their lives...reliving what they were responsible for doing. Why should they get off scot-free? Thank you for your reply. It occurs to me that those folks love being there and doing that BECAUSE that's where they find people who are just like them and can stand them. No one else can. Birds of a feather and all. Mirror images of themselves. What a deplorable way to go through life. :( This post was edited by RosieG at March 1, 2017 9:16 AM MST
      March 1, 2017 8:43 AM MST

hopefully nowheres
      March 1, 2017 9:22 PM MST