Active Now

my2cents
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » You never really know what/whom people are until a relationship ends. And then you see kindness, silence or vengeance. How sad is that?

You never really know what/whom people are until a relationship ends. And then you see kindness, silence or vengeance. How sad is that?

Posted - March 2, 2017

Responses

• Sad indeed.
    When we are falling in love, we see all the good things we like in the other person. When we fall out of love, we see and magnify all the things we don't like.
      March 2, 2017 12:25 PM MST

True. Thank you for your reply Lace and Happy Friday!:)
      March 3, 2017 12:54 PM MST

I disagree completely with that premise.

I dated far more women in my life than I loved; and I loved more women than I married.

Men of real sensibilities tend to seek out and find women with the same qualities.

Many relationships have the capability of long term partnership, but marriage is the best way we have to preserve such relationships, and marriage is not always either possible or the best idea when other considerations besides the relationship must take precedence.
      March 2, 2017 12:34 PM MST

So true Tom :)
      March 2, 2017 3:31 PM MST

Fine and dandy. I have not experienced what you have so my beliefs are based on what I HAVE experienced and that is how/why I ask the questions I ask.. Thank you for your reply tj and Happy Friday.
      March 3, 2017 12:55 PM MST
  • AG

I agree with this. A lot of the time, people hide their true feelings because they are afraid of the person leaving. After they are gone, they have nothing to lose anymore. So ALL the truth comes out. Even some truth they were sparing from themselves, or avoiding.
      March 3, 2017 8:31 AM MST

Precisely AG. We believe what we believe based upon what we have experienced. No one can tell you that your feelings are untrue because they are not you and have neither lived in your space nor walked in your shoes. Thank you for your reply! :)
      March 3, 2017 12:58 PM MST