Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Why are notification avatars deleted once clicked?

Why are notification avatars deleted once clicked?

I would like to know what post I'm receiving "like" votes or comments about. I click to be taken to appropriate "post" but when I return they have been deleted. I clicked "See All Notifications" but they are gone from that list too. 

Posted - March 2, 2017

Responses

• Excellent site maintenance.
      March 2, 2017 4:07 PM MST

• You trying to be cute?
      March 2, 2017 4:22 PM MST

• No. Are you trying to be witty?
      March 2, 2017 4:30 PM MST

• Well, it isn't "Excellent site maintenance"...I'm trying to resolve another problem here and you made me chuckle with that remark.
      March 2, 2017 4:56 PM MST

• Good. Chuckling is good.  The comment was facetious.  I'm also frustrated by the disappearing answers and comments.
      March 2, 2017 6:13 PM MST

• Yes...laughter is good medicine, but I had three things going on here at once. Reading replies here, trying to email someone else about the issue and chatting with still another who I didn't want to be rude to.

...and when someone is waiting for an answer in "Chat Now" box, the site freezes. The person at the other end doesn't know that and they lose patience waiting for a reply...
      March 2, 2017 6:33 PM MST

• You may be running into an anomaly in the notifications. 

Some questions get many answers and may run to 2 or 3 pages. If your answer/comment was on, say, Page 1and you click on the notification, you'll probably be taken to the final page. Then you need to go back and search the previous pages to find the comment that you want. It's the single thing on this site that is very frustrating but I don't think it can be fixed.
      March 2, 2017 4:13 PM MST

• I just replied to your email but it came back "undeliverable" GRRR. My system is slow but this site is REALLY SLOW and seems to freeze with so much activity going on so I have to walk away for awhile.

The email works because I could contact a mod there and she replied. I'm going to ask her why my reply to you was not acceptable. 
      March 2, 2017 4:49 PM MST

• The site is functioning well. What type of device are you using? Laptop? Smart phone? Tablet? What kind? 
      March 2, 2017 4:53 PM MST

• Desktop...Boy...I got lost trying to get back here. I tried to "reply" to your email again but it came back. I emailed JA again about it so I'm waiting on her. I don't understand...I can receive and send with her but only receive from you...???
      March 2, 2017 5:31 PM MST

• That's very strange. JA will help you sort it out when she picks up her messages. She's very good. 
      March 2, 2017 5:52 PM MST

• She just explained what I have to do to get the email back to you so I'm gonna try...you may get duplicates...
      March 2, 2017 5:58 PM MST

• ok
      March 2, 2017 6:01 PM MST

• JA informed me I have to click the link in your email to get back into answerMug so I can email you. Gonna give it another try...
      March 2, 2017 6:35 PM MST

That's very odd, it never happened to me.
      March 2, 2017 6:42 PM MST

• JA explained there is a difference between our "gmail" and the computer-generated email. I did what she told me and it worked.
      March 2, 2017 7:03 PM MST

• It's probably your computer .... Sometimes they try take over :( you should take it to the " SPA" ;) I .... Am .... Helpful......https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r_rBftVrarY
      March 3, 2017 7:39 PM MST