Active Now

Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Arts » Presidents Ulysses S Grant, Dwight D Eisenhower,Jimmy Carter, and George W Bush have been painters of some note. Whose art do you like best?

Presidents Ulysses S Grant, Dwight D Eisenhower,Jimmy Carter, and George W Bush have been painters of some note. Whose art do you like best?

See examples here: http://mentalfloss.com/article/50089/4-presidents-who-painted-fun-and-profit

Posted - March 3, 2017

Responses

Well, if I am forced to choose one, I will begrudgingly say Grant.  He is the only one whose work I would consider hanging on my wall.  

Do I get a prize?

Whose art do you like best Stu?
      March 3, 2017 5:43 PM MST

Eisenhower's greatest accomplishment was demonstrating that the nation does not really need a president.

BTW the federal government has shut down 18 times since 1976 for periods up to three weeks. You never noticed, did you?
      March 3, 2017 7:25 PM MST

I noticed.  Every single time.  

I also noticed you didn't answer the question at hand. ;-)
      March 4, 2017 5:33 AM MST

That is because I was never aware of anything else about Ike.
      March 4, 2017 3:28 PM MST

Did you look at the link Stu supplied?  Take a look at it and give us your opinion.   I don't think any of them were/are great artists.  My paw print is nicer than most of the ones displayed IMO.
      March 4, 2017 3:33 PM MST

To me, it's not the quality of the art (which is, of course, subjective) that make it interesting, but that these men who had the ability to be elected president also had the ability to produce the art.
      March 5, 2017 7:21 AM MST

Jewels, maybe you should read some history. Did you know that Eisenhower was responsible for the interstate highway system? No small accomplishment.
      March 4, 2017 4:34 PM MST