Active Now

Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Communication » Sad to see/hear the mad rantings/ravings of the mentally disturbed. Usually you write them off. Sometimes you can't. What then?

Sad to see/hear the mad rantings/ravings of the mentally disturbed. Usually you write them off. Sometimes you can't. What then?

Posted - March 4, 2017

Responses

• He's rambunctious, ornery, stubborn, and quick on the trigger, but not mentally ill. He's on the right side of the issues, but is the perpetual bull in the china shop. The wonderful part of all this is that I had sworn off the media in all its malevolent forms long before now, so none of this really bothers me. I did fall off the wagon long enough to hear that pathetic speech in Maryland a few days back and the embarrassment was mortifying. It was reminiscent of the horrible speeches that President Andrew Johnson made in his tenure that sealed his doom. Or it brings to mind President John Tyler, the man without a party after being drummed out of his own Democratic Party and being rejected by the opposition Whigs. Or perhaps the verbose and obnoxious Lyndon Johnson comes to mind. History does in fact repeat itself over and over.
      March 5, 2017 5:21 PM MST

Some mental health experts disagree with thee driftwood vis a vis his mental health. They believe he is a psychopath, out of touch with reality and narcissistic. Those are the words I remember. They used  a few more and said he has demonstrated that he is unfit for the office. You think he is "normal" but rambuctious et al?  We disagree emphatically thee and me but so what? Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday!   :)
      March 7, 2017 4:59 AM MST

About the only thing you can do is stop watching anything related to a certain orange buffoon.
      March 5, 2017 5:24 PM MST

I wish I could. You know before 9/11 I'd watch news daily at 6pm or whenever I was home from work. I'd scan the newspapers. That's how I "kept up". After 9/11 everything changed for me. Now unless Jim is home and watching something specific on TV I usually have the TV on a news channel and whatever I'm doing in the house I'm within earshot of it. Just in case something happens. I want to know. It's compulsive. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday. I don't want to see/hear The Donald but that's all there is! He is everywhere all the time and if he feels he isn't getting attention he comes up with something outrageous just to make sure he is center stage! SIGH. If we could just block him completely wouldn't life be great? Thank you for your reply Zack and Happy Tuesday! :)
      March 7, 2017 4:53 AM MST

thats when they need help
      March 9, 2017 3:55 PM MST