Active Now

Flint Ironstag
Discussion » Questions » Babies and Kids » What's something clever, or smart, or praiseworthy that you've seen a child do?

What's something clever, or smart, or praiseworthy that you've seen a child do?

It might be one of your own kids, or somebody you just saw in the street. 

Posted - March 4, 2017

Responses

• I work in a hospital cafeteria. I have watched young children of perhaps six, drop a fork or some food, pick it up and put it in the trash.  I have watched full adults, often coworkers, professional, degreed people, drop some food and just leave it.  Sadly I cannot slap their teeth so their head rings like a gong.
      March 4, 2017 3:12 PM MST

• Point well made, Whistle. 

Back in 2010 I spent a couple of months as an outpatient at a cancer clinic. During that time there were three little kids, all under the age of 10, being treated. They made some of the adults look weak by comparison. I hope they all made it safely through.
      March 4, 2017 3:25 PM MST

Make way for adults coming through is praiseworthy and not to be taken for granted.
      March 4, 2017 3:18 PM MST

• Not by any means. Courtesy cuts both ways.

Not the same thing, but I was out walking one morning and two kids, aged about 12 or 14, decided to see how close they could come without hitting me. One of them misjudged it and I went down. I expected them to go rabbiting off, and his friend did, but the lad who hit me came back to see if I was OK. I gave him full marks for having the guts to ace me  
      March 4, 2017 3:29 PM MST

ive heard of kids saving their parents lives by calling 911
      March 9, 2017 3:41 PM MST