Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Will a Demecratic/left strategy of resisting and obstructing work as well against President Trump as it did for the Tea Party against Obama?

Will a Demecratic/left strategy of resisting and obstructing work as well against President Trump as it did for the Tea Party against Obama?

Or would they be better served trying to work with him as he proposed in his address to Congress?

Posted - March 4, 2017

Responses

How better served? They are ideologically opposed. They can't get what they want so their only recourse is to stop him from getting what he wants. It is the sad condition we find ourselves in, *sigh*.
      March 4, 2017 3:41 PM MST

• No blooming idea... lol well at least I admit when I don't know the answer. I'd be interested in reading other's responses on this tho
      March 4, 2017 4:03 PM MST

The Democrats are minorities in the House and Senate,they couldn't even stop Betsy DeVos,who doesn't like public education. Politics is like chess, nice to have a strategy, but no guarantee of winning...
      March 4, 2017 5:53 PM MST

It won't work as well because they don't have a majority in Congress.  However, the bickering needs to stop because it is harming to America.  Issues that should be attended to are falling by the wayside and continued gridlock will not further anyone's cause.  It is not at all helpful that the president spends more of his time tweeting than trying to bring about some kind of unity.  If he has proof that Obama bugged his phones, let him bring it to light.  He makes a great many pronouncements that he can't or won't support with facts. 
      March 4, 2017 6:29 PM MST

• Talk like that just makes it sound like a game is being played as that is all about trying to make the others fail. That is the problem with both sides as they don't want anything to be successful unless it is their idea. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 4, 2017 9:24 PM MST
      March 4, 2017 7:20 PM MST

• Yes, it will work like a charm. The so called GOP takeover of Congress didn't help one bit as Trump has emerged as a president without a party. In fact, the GOP will lead the charge against Trump with the Dems simply following in tow. Let me drop a hint: Imagine what a Pence administration will look like because it's on the horizon.
      March 5, 2017 11:31 AM MST