Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Wat percentage of your past relationship breakups were amicable, and what percentage were hostile?

Wat percentage of your past relationship breakups were amicable, and what percentage were hostile?

Posted - March 9, 2017

Responses

All but one of my prior relationships ended amicably.
      March 9, 2017 12:57 PM MST

• Ya know I never really had relationships as such.. I am not one to offer my heart to just anyone.. I truly don't get people who say they have had 7, 8 or more relationships. I don't judge them but I don't get it ... So I am going to answer from the stance of breakups with potential relationships,  friends, lovers, etc.. those have mostly always been friendly.. or they were on my part :P
      March 9, 2017 2:58 PM MST

• The breakup is on my part for some rather obnoxious behaviour by my partner, who till date appears to be quite unrepentant. If he only shows a bit of sincere and genuine remorse, I'm quite ready to erase the whole incident. 
    Thank you, daydream believer.
      March 10, 2017 7:58 AM MST

• Ahh i wouldbe the same.. however, I am betting you already know.. that more often than not the reasons they engaged in certain behaviours are almost always still present and likely to reoccur...  so be cautious.. I think much would depend on how they showed they were sorry, whether they truly understood why it was wrong and what they were prepared to do to prevent it happening again. 
      March 10, 2017 8:10 AM MST

• Thank you, I will. 
      March 10, 2017 4:05 PM MST

Amicable, or as amicable as any break up can be. 
      March 9, 2017 3:15 PM MST

All were amicable. 
      March 9, 2017 4:21 PM MST

Oh very few hostile.  Mostly when I felt them pull away or begin to lose interest I would move on or suggest it was time to end it.  One was not so great.  I was all his and the more I was the more he resented and he hated me and punished me.  Finally he and his friend contrived an experiment to prove I was unfaithful which I fell for completely (though I had not previously been).  Then he literally threw me out.  I was 26.  best thing (in retrospect) that ever happened to me.
      March 28, 2017 8:05 PM MDT

Please understand I was more the kind of person they wanted to hang out with and enjoy being with rather than anyone they could see themselves with for any length of time. Certainly didn't inspire marriage in anyone. But a few did miss me and occasionally I do still hear from some of them all these years later.
      March 28, 2017 8:11 PM MDT