Active Now

Randy D
Zack
Discussion » Questions » Communication » Americans don't understand one another.They speak different languages. See below for all the languages involved. Which do you speak?

Americans don't understand one another.They speak different languages. See below for all the languages involved. Which do you speak?

The languages are Trump, Republican, Democratic, Conservative, Liberal, ALT RIGHT WHITE nationalist, Progressive, Libertarian, Green, Peace,  Racist, Bigoted, Homophobic, Misogynistic, Anti-Semitic. We don't speak unity. We speak wealthy, poor, privileged, underprivileged. Some talk patriotism/Constitutional but their actions don't EVER reflect that. There is no "American" or "English" spoken here. So it is a Tower of Babel and only gibberish/babel because no one understands anyone. No wonder we don't get along. We need dependable translators without prejudice/partisan interests. Where do we find THEM?

Posted - March 10, 2017

Responses

• Generalizations and devisiveness. Seems you're one of those of whom you accuse. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 10, 2017 7:19 AM MST
      March 10, 2017 6:47 AM MST

Thank you for your reply Z. It was neither thoughtful nor helpful. Happy Friday.
      March 10, 2017 6:56 AM MST

• Exactly the measure of the question it responded to.
    Happy Friday to you as well.  This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 10, 2017 7:19 AM MST
      March 10, 2017 7:09 AM MST

• Sadly not everyone has anything useful to say.. and sadly some prefer to insult rather than just ignore.. it takes all sorts I suppose.
      March 10, 2017 12:36 PM MST

SIGH. I'd ask why DdbTD but probably even they can't answer that! Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday to thee! :)
      March 11, 2017 7:03 AM MST

They all speak different dialects of the same bullsh**.
      March 10, 2017 7:02 AM MST

I wish I could say you're wrong but something resonates within me when I read that O! I thinks it's because you speak the truth!  :(  Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday! :)
      March 11, 2017 7:04 AM MST

• Image result for GOP and DNC
      March 10, 2017 7:09 AM MST

Pepsi is sweeter.
      March 10, 2017 7:23 AM MST

• And is flatter with no snap.
    Unimportant and minor differences.
      March 10, 2017 7:25 AM MST

AARRGGHH! More truth! I cahn't stend it! Another respondent on this thread said they all speak different dialects of the same bullsh**! What do you do with that but say "you're right"? I don't know how much truth I can take at one time Glis. Thank you for your spot-on reply and Happy Saturday!  :)
      March 11, 2017 7:06 AM MST

I feel the premise of your question to be illogical. I speak good ol' American Midwest English with none of the negative choices of your list. And a bit of German and Yiddish.
      March 10, 2017 10:12 AM MST

Different strokes sweetie. Different strokes. Thank you for your reply Ele! :)
      March 11, 2017 7:07 AM MST

• As a casual observer I have a working hypothesis... that there are two kinds of American.. those who are smart, intelligent and who question and research rather than believe the propaganda they are fed and those who aren't.. 

There is a world-wise perception that most Americans are not that bright... I don't believe that, I know MANY are very, very intelligent.. it's just hard to work out what percentage of all Americans they make up..Either way for sure some of them seem to speak a different language.
      March 10, 2017 12:45 PM MST

We used to live in the United States of America! Since Trump took over it is now Trumpland. There is no doubt about that! His truth is THE TRUTH. He lies every time he opens his mouth. Congress chases after his lies to prove them or disprove them. The media covers every single stupid dumbheaded wild-a** statement. I advocate blackout entirely. Nothing he says is true. None of it is worth listening too. But people do. Why? Thank you for your reply DdbTD! :)
      March 11, 2017 7:10 AM MST

Hello Rosie:

I speak lib with a dash of old fart.. 

excon
      March 11, 2017 7:23 AM MST

• lol old fart is my fav language :)
      March 11, 2017 7:35 AM MST

Hahahahahahahah! I can relate! Thank you for your reply excon and Happy Saturday!  :)
      March 11, 2017 8:01 AM MST