Active Now

Danilo_G
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Aren't you getting sick & tired of people referring to people by their skin color?

Aren't you getting sick & tired of people referring to people by their skin color?

When you separate people by skin color even in a question, answer, or reply your committing racism, don't you get it. 

Posted - July 14, 2016

Responses

It is annoying. 

July 14, 2016 5:47 AM MDT

• How is referring to someone's skin color separating them and considered racism?

July 14, 2016 7:27 AM MDT

"Are you sickened by The Guardian's report that indicated the total number of people killed by police officers in 2015 showed the rate of death for young black men was five times higher than white men of the same age"?

You'd call me or anyone else who was sickened by these statistics a racist?

July 14, 2016 7:42 AM MDT

•   July 14, 2016 7:54 AM MDT

Hello dog:

Nahhh...  DISCUSSING racism is NOT racism.  Racism IS  racism.   It's a big problem in the good old U. S. of A, and you CAN'T talk about racism without mentioning race..  Now, you can IGNORE it, and hope it goes away if you don't talk about it..  Or, you can just plain not NOTICE it.

excon

July 14, 2016 8:01 AM MDT

Grilledcheesegirl, you're welcome. But when I replied to this question, it was with the belief that it didn't reflect the true feelings of the questioner but I responded regardless. The minimal responses tell a story.

LIKE.....LIKE.....THANK YOU
      July 14, 2016 10:46 AM MDT

Many are locked into the duality
    Of life because they have
    Not experienced the oneness
    Of deep consciousness to see that there is only one being.
    ...the world is as it is and change comes slow.
      July 14, 2016 5:05 PM MDT

That certainly depends on the topic at hand or the reason for referring to race/ethnicity. If it's pertinent to what's being discussed, no, I am not sick or tired of it being mentioned.
    ~
      July 15, 2016 5:47 AM MDT