Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » What are your favourite and/or most used websites/apps?

What are your favourite and/or most used websites/apps?

Me: Amazon, sporcle (knowledge quizzes), youtube, iPlayer, braintraining, Facebook (esp fro groups).

Posted - March 19, 2017

Responses

I only really go the youtube route, but I access it through a third party app. I also use facebook, but I'm not on there a hell of a lot. The one site I'm on the most is tumblr.
      March 19, 2017 9:26 PM MDT

• Online  TEDTalks, Scishow learning sites like that. Oh music sites such as The Session and Wandering Whistler, Trad School.
      March 19, 2017 9:36 PM MDT

• Google ... Good starting point :)
    The guardian and the smh
    Here and you tube
      March 19, 2017 10:08 PM MDT

Youtube is my life!!!. i  wouldn't be able to survive without it lol.
      March 19, 2017 10:32 PM MDT

• I only use a couple of "apps".   For the most part "apps" just hog resources and space for things that could just as easily be done by going to website itself. Plus grant way to many permissions.   I honestly don't see the  lure or need for 99% of them.
    Ones like the youtube "apps" are especially dumb since it usually means limited access and decreased functionality.

Ever wonder why your devices battery life and speed turned to chit?   It's all those silly  apps that can be done away with by using your browser.
      March 21, 2017 8:38 AM MDT

Yeah I know. Unfortunately I can't do anything about the YouTube app. It came with my phone
      March 21, 2017 11:34 AM MDT

• >grumbling<

Yah,  that preloaded BS is annoying.   Preinstalled software thatn cannot be removed is bloatware in my eyes.

It's too bad alternatives like UbuntuMobile can't take off that are against that as a rule.
      March 21, 2017 11:39 AM MDT

Most stock apps can either be deleted or disabled on Droids, I don't know about i-products.  
      March 21, 2017 11:42 AM MDT

• Some make it a PITA to delete them from the firmware or make it so they keep coming back with updates.

March 21, 2017 11:48 AM MDT

I never had any problems with my last phone.  I just got this one, so I haven't yet deleted any, though I have disabled some.  
      March 21, 2017 11:54 AM MDT

Please could you explain what a PITA is? 
      September 12, 2017 1:08 PM MDT

• pain in the @$$
      September 15, 2017 9:14 PM MDT