Active Now

Just Asking
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Easter will soon be here...

Easter will soon be here...

Is Easter and Christianity in general diminished by having its foremost holy day represented by Peter Cottontail, plastic eggs. Peeps and chocolate treats?

Posted - March 31, 2017

Responses

• Yes! My first impression was him, then wondered if the film was old enough, and it is...
      April 1, 2017 5:47 PM MDT

• omg, what a treasure you found, WW!
    It's Danny Kaye, Vincent Price...from 1950 MCML
      April 1, 2017 8:10 AM MDT

• What I looked at was the date...1950...it's only since the 1940's maybe we have had the technology to create such beautiful pieces as this, keeping the work of those artists of early TV! 
      April 1, 2017 11:11 AM MDT

• No just adds fun to the occasion like trees, Santa Claus, elves, Frosty and all them add to Christmas.
      March 31, 2017 8:43 PM MDT

• No, Easter/Christianity is not diminished...Eostre is the Germanic or Celtic goddess of fertility, exemplified by her little companion bunny, with their cosmic eggs.
    I am pleased some of my own ancient roots from Old Europe are part of all this!

Plus it was in the genius of Christian forebears to co-opt and incorporate local pagan festivals, in spreading the religion, which needs more fun anyway!
      April 1, 2017 8:20 AM MDT

• I mean, it was Christians who decided that so...
      April 1, 2017 3:43 PM MDT