Active Now

DannyPetti
CosmicWunderkind
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Which one of the characters in the famous picture do you identify with the most?

Which one of the characters in the famous picture do you identify with the most?

Im not talking about your present economic situation.
I refer to you, inside, who do you identify with the most?

I would say, I feel drawn to number 4.  You?

Posted - April 2, 2017

Responses

I'd say number 5.  He is just accessing the situation, hanging back, not laughing, perhaps trying to learn something.  Number 3 seems to be waiting for number 4 to say something or make some kind of move.  Number 4 seems ready to do just that, I'll bet it was his idea to walk up to them. 
    Of course not taking economics into it number 1 and 2 are ignoring the fellas that are about to give them a hard time.  I'd identify with that as well. 
    This post was edited by . at April 2, 2017 9:33 PM MDT
      April 2, 2017 2:10 PM MDT

• What a fantastic analysis. ).
    You know, I took 3 as the power behind the scenes. That little egging on that 4 needs. I agree on 5, he's just there calmly want Hong what's going on. 
    Thank you Morning, that was alright.
      April 2, 2017 2:16 PM MDT

• Five and maybe three.   Five looks like he has a healthy distrust of strangers.   Three seems to have that look of get a load of these jerk-offs.  One and two look clueless and four looks like he can't wait to brown-nose  one and two.
      April 2, 2017 2:32 PM MDT

• You certainly got me laughing on that one.
    Not even kidding.
    Great!!!
    Thanks Glis.
      April 2, 2017 2:39 PM MDT

• 4 seems to realize 1 and 2 are haughty, pretentious twits. Unlike 1 and 2,  3, 4 and 5 can go play and rough house with out concern of ruining their clothes. 
      April 2, 2017 3:51 PM MDT

• Pretentious twist. . .that's funny. . .
    You know, as much as I don't like to admit it I like the sense of self assurance of number two, I  don't know if he notices the other ones staring at him, but he makes no apologies for what he is, you know? He's like, hey, whatever. I like that too.
    Thanks Whistle.
      April 2, 2017 9:27 PM MDT

I was first going to say Number Four also - - not because I'm always self-assured, but I was drawn to his look of self-assuredness.
    Now I look at all five of them - - in their own ways, I find them all looking self-assured.
    In general, I admire that in people.

I like the photo itself, too. It's well-spaced out and the placement of people, objects, and poses, angles -- it all works well to my eyes.

:)

Oh, and I didn't know this was a famous photo. I've never seen it before.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at April 2, 2017 9:32 PM MDT
      April 2, 2017 8:19 PM MDT

• Yeah, it's supposed to be some kind of iconic photograph but I can't remember it's details.
    It's supposed to depict all classes of society. . . The ruler aristocrat. . . The bureaucrat. . .the worker. . .the rebel . .  . And.the  other guy... I can't remember.
    I take number four as irreverent and about to mock the other two. He looks fearless and confident. I think because I'd like to be more like that, I feel more drawn to him. 
    I agree with you , I think it's a great picture.
      April 2, 2017 9:21 PM MDT

I see Number Four the same way you can see him, Lago. But Glis adds an other aspect that I can see in Number Four possibly and it's the complete opposite. I find it all interesting out different 'takes' on the same image!
      April 3, 2017 3:09 PM MDT

• Four looks exactly the opposite to me.   He looks like he wants to be there buddy.   He has such a kiss-a$$ grin like he's scared to make a mistake in front of the "cool kids".
      April 2, 2017 9:36 PM MDT

You know, Glis, I can see that 'take' on Number Four, too! It's interesting to me in how we all can see different aspects to the same images.
      April 3, 2017 3:07 PM MDT

• Me too.  This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at April 3, 2017 3:25 PM MDT
      April 3, 2017 3:22 PM MDT

• I think number three knows exactly what buttons to push on number four to get him to jump, you know? Almost like saying, "come on man, look at him!" . . . I think the expression on those two is the funniest part of the whole picture. Thanks WW I completely agree with your appreciation of little mischievous number three. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at April 3, 2017 3:07 PM MDT
      April 2, 2017 9:42 PM MDT

April 3, 2017 3:07 PM MDT

• I'm going with #4. He knows a wanker when he sees one. 
      April 2, 2017 10:33 PM MDT

• People keep saying he looks like he is up too something but I just don't see anything but a wimpy kiss-ass.  3 and 5 look like they are about to ditch him.
    Three looks like he's questioning why four wants to hang out with them so badly and 5 looks he's about to jack them.
      April 3, 2017 3:24 PM MDT

• It's a problem, orright. :(
      April 3, 2017 3:45 PM MDT

• Yo be honest I would love to see those two dandies get their a**kicked.
      April 3, 2017 3:55 PM MDT

•  I can't say it any better. That's pretty funny. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at April 3, 2017 5:48 PM MDT
      April 3, 2017 4:57 PM MDT