Discussion » Questions » Entertainment » Do you think the exchanges we have here ( gifs, conversations) provide good material for a new sitcom?

Do you think the exchanges we have here ( gifs, conversations) provide good material for a new sitcom?

Posted - April 4, 2017

Responses

• Yeah :) some of these people are a touch mad. So would make good material for a sitcom. Good thing there's a few sane , rational people here ....like me. :)
      April 4, 2017 8:22 PM MDT

Oh...don't say that Jamie....I included me and you under the category insane and irrational.....sighhhh;))
      April 4, 2017 8:24 PM MDT

• Lol :) shhhhhhhh! we can fake that we are the sane ones :)
      April 4, 2017 8:25 PM MDT

Yesssss that will be our secret;))
      April 4, 2017 8:28 PM MDT

• ;)
      April 4, 2017 8:29 PM MDT

• Jaimie and Veena, take it from me...insane and irrational is more fun anyway, coz I said so, I know about things like this...
      April 4, 2017 10:00 PM MDT

As long as we have your love and affection Virginia.....ummm thank U!!
      April 4, 2017 10:54 PM MDT

• That gave me my first big smile of the day. )
      April 4, 2017 11:26 PM MDT

No we know eachother too well, and there are too many of us for the audience to understand even a fraction of the interpersonal references and jabs (eg: references to Randy D's and trashbags)
      April 4, 2017 8:26 PM MDT

But but.....can't we be innovative;)) This post was edited by Veena.K at April 4, 2017 9:56 PM MDT
      April 4, 2017 8:30 PM MDT

• I see it as a family sitcom set in aMug, a picturesque coastal village in Oregon..
    Element 99, a chemistry professor at aMug University, woos and wins the lovely Sapphic Heart, a Scandinavian beauty who draws the lustful attention of all the men she meets, and all the women.
    Her name now changed to Sapphic 99, she and El decide to start a family but find that normal methods of procreation don't work for them. Not to be deterred they approach VirginiaL, the village wise woman, and by use of strange arts she casts a spell which enables Sapphic to conceive a child without El's physical intervention.
    Their child was a little angel. They knew that because he was born with wings so they named him Wonder. He could fly before he could walk which really upset their neighbour's dog who barked every time he flitted over the fence.
    The neighbour, an Unapologetically Trashy hoarder whose home was crammed with plastic garbage bags, kept threatening to have the little winged Wonder charged with trespass but realised that the magistrate, Justice Asking, would probably send him home to clean up his trash collection.
    Element and Sapphic, two kind souls, forgave Trashy's meanness and offered to have his dog trained in the art of Goat Jumping. The soporific effect of watching his dog jumping over imaginary goats would help him to sleep more soundly.
    ---
    Yes, I think an on-line community could work as a sit-com. Or, if not that, a soapie.
      April 4, 2017 9:06 PM MDT

Oh Didge...AWESOME AWESOME CLAPS LOUDLY;)))
      April 4, 2017 9:11 PM MDT

• Hey our soapy sitcom is already on its way Veena.K, we have a script now!
      April 4, 2017 10:01 PM MDT

Oh yes.....Virginia.....no worries with dear Didge our script writer;))
      April 4, 2017 10:40 PM MDT

• ... upset the neighbour's dog...
    that gave me second big smile of the day. ))
      April 4, 2017 11:29 PM MDT

• When Mrs D turned 60 I took her hot air ballooning for her birthday. We were sailing along fairly silently but every time the pilot fired the burners every dog within range started barking at us. That's what I had in mind when I flew Winged Wonder over the fence. 
      April 5, 2017 12:14 AM MDT

• I think you and Mrs Didge are the highlight of most days, Mr D. I'm still smiling about her marine acrobatics. )
      April 5, 2017 12:16 AM MDT

• You should have seen her a couple of hours ago. We were sitting out on the veranda of our holiday unit with views of the ocean to both right and left. The railing around the veranda was just at her eye level as she sat and she kept popping her head up to look over and down to look under. After a couple of minutes of that she said, "Hey! I'm just like a meerkat." And she was. 
      April 5, 2017 12:23 AM MDT

• Well, I reckon she's achieved cult status and thoroughly deserves it. )
      April 5, 2017 12:30 AM MDT

• That got a laugh from her. :)
      April 5, 2017 12:37 AM MDT

Oh gee. Had me laughing Didge. I missed one person, my guardian angel with his two little helpers.

April 5, 2017 4:59 AM MDT

• You've captured me there. I may not look much like the big guy with the pointh head but I can really identify with his indecision. :)
      April 5, 2017 12:22 PM MDT

Was my intent. And as always with comic, the physical similarities aren't that important. ;-)
      April 5, 2017 2:22 PM MDT

• Hi Veena.K,
    I actually think yes there is much wonderful stuff goes on here, prolly even better than sitcoms I feel sure...I don't actually know what all that is, but something is happening in Internet connections/friendships that has not really been possible ever before in our humankind history...it's wonderful!

April 4, 2017 10:04 PM MDT