Active Now

Slartibartfast
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Communication » How are "The Great Communicator" Ronald Reagan, Bill Clinton, Tricky Dickie Nixon and George Bush relevant today?

How are "The Great Communicator" Ronald Reagan, Bill Clinton, Tricky Dickie Nixon and George Bush relevant today?

Why do some people keep bringing them up when asked questions about Donald Trump? Trump is president NOW. The buck stops with him. NOW. The decisions are his and his alone. NOW. How does bringing up the past do anything to facilitate/mitigate/ameliorate with regard to the situations we face TODAY? Is Trump only there to compare with what others did in other times or is he here now and responsible on his own alone? NOW?

Posted - April 5, 2017

Responses

• Yeah.  I'd like to talk about the last great President we had.   Let's talk about Eisenhower.
      April 5, 2017 7:10 AM MDT

((hugs)) Guess who agrees with thee? I will give you 3 chances Glis! Thank you for your reply and the video m'dear! :)
      April 5, 2017 7:14 AM MDT

• Whew I just felt an arrow whiz past my head!  Some people are intent on analyzing Trump's every move without giving a thought that he's doing nothing that past Presidents have not done. They've lied, broken promises, cheated, treated people (women) badly and completely forgotten their campaign promises.

It certainly is an indication of how Presidents/politicians past and present behave and, therefore, does come into the discussion.  Trump is just a man he makes mistakes and pointing out that his behaviour is nothing new to the office of the President is a valid point to make. 

April 5, 2017 9:40 PM MDT

If that is how you see it I have no problem with it. I completely, totally, emphatically and resolutely DISAGREE with thee. I hope you don't mind. I don't mind that we are in complete opposition. That's life. Thank you for your reply Yogafan.
      April 7, 2017 5:43 AM MDT

• I don't mind one bit that you DISAGREE with me.  Just for the record we are not in complete opposition, I have said that I would not have voted for Trump but I thought he should be given time to either bury himself or prove himself.  SOME PEOPLE just can't see t'wood for t'trees!
      April 7, 2017 8:34 PM MDT