Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Communication » It is very interesting and disappointing to see how quickly pleasant conversations can turn dark when political differences show up. Why?

It is very interesting and disappointing to see how quickly pleasant conversations can turn dark when political differences show up. Why?

Political differences cause folks to insult one another. Charges of "hypocrite" are common. Even worse charges than that sometimes. Why are people who are otherwise polite so rude when political differences enters the arena? Anyone know?

Posted - April 7, 2017

Responses

• Good question Rosie. I've never figured out why politics seems to bring out the worst in some people. Not all but quite a few. I've seen arguments over religion many times but they usually just wind up as a debate and the people go on their way with their own beliefs. Bot politics really seems to incite some people to almost say anything to insult the other person. Maybe it's the nature of the beast! I do my best to stay out of politics because it's a total mess right now and it's not really in my realm of knowledge, so I just read and try to understand.
      April 7, 2017 6:27 AM MDT

not sure why
      April 9, 2017 5:36 PM MDT