Active Now

Randy D
Shuhak
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » Don't you realize every item a hoarder/collector has in his/her possesion has a story and when you demand them to throw away junk

Don't you realize every item a hoarder/collector has in his/her possesion has a story and when you demand them to throw away junk

you are having them throw away memories? How dare you?

Posted - April 9, 2017

Responses

Agree....when we move from one location to another, which is quite frequent due to the nature of my Hubby's job, I have a hard time to leave things which are priceless for me.
      April 9, 2017 9:26 PM MDT

That's not true. Sometimes they have big plans for their objects instead or they have real "value." You wouldn't make them throw money away, would you? :o
      April 9, 2017 9:26 PM MDT

No, not so much tis not true but tis not always true.
      April 9, 2017 9:30 PM MDT

I don't care. You know that every item a hoarder has collects dust because it's so impossible to clean everything? Enjoy your indoor allergens as you choke your future away on your precious memories, champs. 
      April 9, 2017 9:32 PM MDT

• Who would have authority to make such a demand and expect one to comply?
      April 9, 2017 9:44 PM MDT

A spouse?
      April 9, 2017 9:50 PM MDT

• No. Marriage should be a partnership where choices are mutually considered and resolved.
      April 9, 2017 9:54 PM MDT

Yes, but what about in reality?
      April 9, 2017 9:55 PM MDT

• Toss out the spouse with the other junk.
      April 9, 2017 10:03 PM MDT

• Oh, Dear O-uknow...there is so much entanglement in hoarding, beyond sentimental value...

My close friend who is a hoarder, she physically attacked her husband; and all he did was to MOVE a few items out of the way, to make space for his parents to be able to sit.
    I was actually in the home at the time of her attack, and it only stopped when the husband told her he would call the police.

He loved my friend, and he was heart-broken. But after the physical attack he felt the situation was unsafe, and left...after 16 years of marriage. That was maybe 20 years ago now, and neither has ever re-married...a tragedy. 
      April 9, 2017 10:41 PM MDT

A tragedy and an untreated mental disorder.
      April 10, 2017 12:00 AM MDT

That is exactly what I feel when I have to move: I am throwing away my dreams.
      April 10, 2017 3:38 AM MDT