Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » As you age, are things becoming more simple or more complex?

As you age, are things becoming more simple or more complex?

Posted - April 12, 2017

Responses

• Actually? I think things and life in general is much more simple being older and retired.
      April 12, 2017 2:02 PM MDT

Things around me get more complex but I ignore them and keep it simple for me.
      April 12, 2017 2:42 PM MDT

more complex... but it's a relaxed complexity, like deflating a human brain. at least, that's what I keep hoping for.
      April 12, 2017 2:42 PM MDT

My sweetie has been making things much easier for me lately.  Help with homework, help on my tests, help with the yard work at home and many other things that are so thoughtful. :  )

April 12, 2017 3:07 PM MDT

• What do you mean by "age"? I once worked in an office where 30 was considered old.

I don't think that age, of itself, necessarily makes "things" either simpler or more complex. It probably depends on the nature of the ideas that perplex us. 

As Rooster pointed out, retirement makes a lot of things much simpler; you are no longer required to spend the greater part of your life earning a living.

If your things prove to be the deeper philosophical and spiritual questions about how, who and why, then it would depend on how much thought you had put into building your personal knowledge base. Age alone doesn't provide answers. Having said that then, yes, for me things are becoming clearer as I get older. 

And in my case, older means that I've been around since God's dog was a puppy. 
      April 12, 2017 3:23 PM MDT

Yes. The challenges I face are more complex, but I've learned to let go of a lot and simplify things.
      April 12, 2017 4:46 PM MDT

• Dear Zack/GX, I like very much the above responses you are already receiving...
    My own spin is that as I age, I SEE more of the complexities, however my response is simpler than ever before.
    My basic job is to ever-improve myself, as that is the best way to help the world.
    Then, I contribute what I can to specific projects and people in my life...Carl Jung's image of many pillars that together support the cathedral.

April 12, 2017 4:57 PM MDT

That picture says so much about you and me, but that guy(YOU!!!) still has shorts on and socks. I would have torn them off long before I launched you on that bed.
      April 12, 2017 5:29 PM MDT

Technology is much more complex, but other life things are easier except for trying to figure out whether or not I need supplemental health insurance now that I'm on Medicare. :)
      April 14, 2017 10:37 AM MDT