Active Now

Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Is what makes the U.S worthwhile is that we are willing to lose a million dollar rocket to destroy an enemy encampment

Is what makes the U.S worthwhile is that we are willing to lose a million dollar rocket to destroy an enemy encampment

instead of losing a million men and women to do the same?

Posted - April 14, 2017

Responses

FYI. Those tunnels the MOAB dropped on were supposedly built by the CIA.
    Source: http://www.ronpaullibertyreport.com/archives/wikileaks-the-afghan-tunnels-the-us-just-bombed-they-were-built-by-the-cia This post was edited by Zack at April 14, 2017 9:51 PM MDT
      April 14, 2017 9:37 PM MDT

Well, I am not disputing that or saying we ever go into anything with clean hands. The natural argument is for whose use? If we built it we have greater right to destroy it. This post was edited by O-uknow at April 14, 2017 9:51 PM MDT
      April 14, 2017 9:39 PM MDT

It's so very easy to send someone else's child into war than your own. No good will come of these recent developments. It's become evident that war is the first option when confronting what one thinks is an injustice. Not the last. Sorry, but all this bulls**t is rubbing me the wrong way. This post was edited by Zack at April 15, 2017 3:17 AM MDT
      April 14, 2017 9:43 PM MDT

It should concern you. It does me.
      April 14, 2017 9:47 PM MDT

What makes the US worthwhile (despite our government's military actions) is the people.
      April 14, 2017 9:50 PM MDT

Hmmm, the U.S has no monopoly on worthwhile people. Methink our Constitution guaranteeing rights is what makes us great. As long as we adhere to it we are a great people. I am sorry I took you to mean the U.S solely had people to make it worthwhile. I need not take that intent as now I'm sure it is not your intent. This post was edited by O-uknow at April 14, 2017 9:57 PM MDT
      April 14, 2017 9:54 PM MDT

No, it does not.  Nor did I claim such.

Our Constitution is brilliant.  Unfortunately, we do not adhere to it today.

No, that was not my intent.  I do not denigrate others simply by acknowledging the goodness of Americans.  Nor am I making any comparison to others, simply stating what I believe to be factual about Americans.  

As always, JMHO.
      April 14, 2017 10:15 PM MDT

Hmm well I won't be popular, (lol when am I ever!) but I think that's the kind of thing that the world sees as arrogant and America sticking their nose in where it's not wanting, potentially starting yet ANOTHER war that they drag others into, that drags their own economy down.. and just pisses off the rest of the world..  I have a strong sense of deja vu here... shakes head...
      April 15, 2017 3:16 AM MDT