Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » How many questions in a row constitutes SPAM at this site? 5 questions in a row? 10 in a row? 20? 30? No limit?

How many questions in a row constitutes SPAM at this site? 5 questions in a row? 10 in a row? 20? 30? No limit?

Spam.

Posted - April 15, 2017

Responses

Prolific asking is not considered spam by our present guidelines and has been discussed. http://answermug.com/polls/view/69/ideal-number-of-times-a-person-appears-in-activity-feed-at-once
      April 15, 2017 2:06 PM MDT

Thank you for that really excellent link. I had no idea objectionable spammers (my word) could be filtered out. Now I have to go back and figure out how to do it.

I'll never understand why some post so many questions in a row that their own questions soon become relegated to older pages where fewer and fewer see them. To each his own, I suppose. 

Thank you again.  
      April 15, 2017 2:50 PM MDT

test test - reply to myself 2 days later
      April 17, 2017 4:41 PM MDT

In plain English, I am trying to block certain members from my seeing them when they post questions. For example, JOHN asks 20 questions in a row that don't interest me. I want to prevent JOHN (and JOHN's questions) from showing up on my computer screen when I come to this site and when I click on questions. 

The link you provided told me I could do just that. At least that's how I read the link. It's quite possible I'm reading it incorrectly. It refers to an "activity feed". Does that refer to the page where the questions are listed when you click on Questions? If not, what is an "activity feed"? At any rate, I was unable to follow the directions listed at that link.

Elsewhere, via the HELP section, it said "Answermug does NOT allow blocking" or words to that effect. 

Can I block? Or can I NOT block?

I wouldn't trouble you with this but I have just spent entirely too much time trying to learn how to block members questions. This is a last gasp attempt to do that.

Thank you.

April 15, 2017 8:31 PM MDT

Activity Feed is your personal home page.  Click on Home and it should bring you there.
    No blocking on AM but you can filter your home page.
      April 20, 2017 3:48 PM MDT

If it's more than one rant about Trump, it is spam in my opinion. 
      April 15, 2017 2:25 PM MDT

Lol. Then you must endure a lot of spam (your opinion) here. That's easily corrected if you check out the link above.
      April 15, 2017 2:52 PM MDT

• Didn't you know this site is aka Trump Mug?
      April 15, 2017 5:19 PM MDT

• Maybe the real question is would you prefer no questions in a row?
      April 15, 2017 2:55 PM MDT

Why is that the "real question"? Makes no sense to me.
      April 15, 2017 2:58 PM MDT

• I say that because sometimes they're the only questions ... Which is sad
      April 20, 2017 3:51 PM MDT

If it's about wearing plastic garbage bags ... one.
      April 15, 2017 6:25 PM MDT