Discussion » Questions » Relationships » When long-term relationships end is it because the person changed or because the person wasn't whom you thought he/she was?

When long-term relationships end is it because the person changed or because the person wasn't whom you thought he/she was?

Posted - April 20, 2017

Responses

I've experienced it out of different reasons. Neither of the women I had a LDR with did change, or wasn't whom I thought she was. Circumstances, mostly on my side have caused obstacles that are bigger than what our love to each other could hold.
      April 20, 2017 3:42 AM MDT

Thank you for your thoughtful reply SH and Happy Thursday. It doesn't bother me when short-term relationships don't last. I mean that's when you are finding out about each other to see if it's a good fit. Some are, some aren't. It's the long-term ones that puzzle me. And you never really find out what happened or why. They just disappear or move on. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who has experienced that and of course I'm always left wondering why. I wonder though how much difference knowing "why" would make? SIGH. :)
      April 20, 2017 4:13 AM MDT

I am not sure the why will make much of a difference. Maybe it might in some contexts, if there can be taken a lesson from it that is useful in our future. To my experience, our feelings and how they develop is a tough one to navigate, even less to control. I dunno. Happy Thursday Rosie.
      April 20, 2017 4:21 AM MDT

Me too neither m'dear. I dunno! Thank you SH! :)
      April 20, 2017 4:22 AM MDT