Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Doctors say it's healthier to eat more small meals a day than to eat just a few big meals, which do you subscribe to?

Doctors say it's healthier to eat more small meals a day than to eat just a few big meals, which do you subscribe to?

Posted - July 16, 2016

Responses

• Seems like it isn't healthy to eat anything. I think it is to prepare us for when they issue us monthly meal pills.

July 16, 2016 6:17 AM MDT

My meals are about a third of what everyone else eats so I am always hungry two hours later and I have to eat again. I don't go to buffets anymore as I can't eat my money's worth.

July 16, 2016 7:55 AM MDT

Neither.  I have what I want when I want it.  That generally is something small a few hours after I wake, then dinner in the evening.

July 16, 2016 11:30 AM MDT

Mr. Speedskates (from AB) asked about you last night.  Are you on Facebook?  I would have private messaged you but couldn't since we aren't AM friends.

July 16, 2016 11:33 AM MDT

No they don't. 

Doctors don't say anything of the sort.  Some doctors have some opinions on diets.  Most of them don't know anything much.  I will happily debate any doctor alive on nutrition.  There are millions, and MILLIONS of doctors on the planet.  Some do not even study nutrition at all. 

So, if you eat healthily, it is best to eat a clean diet*** and eat smaller meals.  That is my humble opinion. 

If you eat a lot of  junk food but in continuous tiny amounts?  Well, who cares what you eat or how much?  You are going to be unhealthy.

If you eat healthy but you constantly  over-eat, it is almost as bad for you in the end.   Too much fat on the body is very unhealthy as a rule.

Big meals do not mean overeating.    You may have a very active lifestyle where a large meal helps keep you going longer.  You may, for instance, be a lumberjack.   Or a farmer and work long, arduous hours.

I feel better eating smaller meals myself; it is better for most active lifestyles,  but I am not out chopping trees all day long either.  I am massaging people and I need to not feel bloated.  So smaller works better for me.

*** clean diet:  75% fruits and vegetables, preferably, mostly raw.   Don't combine raw fruit with other foods, eat it alone and first thing in the morning.  If you are eating concentrated food, like meat or a sandwich, make sure you have a salad to combine it with so you have some fiber and water-based food along with that concentrated bread and meat deal.   Try and avoid sugar and most white foods like flour and bread.   Drink loads of GOOD water.

July 16, 2016 11:39 AM MDT