Active Now

Element 99
DannyPetti
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What are some activities that can be done at a kid's birthday party at a park?

What are some activities that can be done at a kid's birthday party at a park?

So far, I've got the playground, chalk, and bubbles. What other ideas could work for a 6-9 age group?

Posted - May 3, 2017

Responses

• That's quite a difference in age groups but here's what I'd recommend.  Kids that age still like to pin the tail on the donkey pinned to a tree, a piñata tied to a tree branch they can whack with SMALL sticks, a scavenger hunt with adult supervision to read the clues with a basket of treats at the end so nobody gets left out, this one seems to be very popular.  Other than that I'd wish you good luck!
      May 3, 2017 9:47 PM MDT

Donut relay - each kid holds a drinking straw in their mouth and the idea is to pass the donut around without dropping it or using their hands. Messy but hilarious.
    Balloons - zillions of things you can do with those. Even if the kids have to pop them by sitting on them.
    Capture the flag - any cub or brownie scout can tell you how that works. Appropriate if you have a big enough group.

https://www.activityvillage.co.uk/outdoor-party-games
      May 3, 2017 9:53 PM MDT

• Firecrackers, smoke bombs, and bottle rockets
    Foam swords for them to beat the crap out of each other with.
    Water balloons

Kids love that kind of stuff
      May 4, 2017 3:29 AM MDT

• I'm going along with Glis! Water balloons and squirt guns always make kids happy and they have fun with them! Or Nerf guns!
    This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at May 4, 2017 5:28 PM MDT
      May 4, 2017 7:32 AM MDT

• It's also one of the few things that aren't dreadful when they ask you to play with them.
      May 4, 2017 7:38 AM MDT

• Yeah and no one gets hurt and cries!
      May 4, 2017 7:39 AM MDT

• Hopefully anyway.   There is always at least one of those Cartman kids at a birthday party who throws a hissy fit over spilled milk.  Usually the one who started "it' too.

You know,  the kid who cries because the other kids didn't stop when he said pause because he needs to reload.
      May 4, 2017 7:42 AM MDT

•   May 4, 2017 7:55 AM MDT

• lmao.
      May 4, 2017 8:04 AM MDT

.make an obstacle course (kids love this)
    .roller skating
    .fun races
    .give each other tattoos (the peel off kind)
    .frisbee toss
    .rented attraction (jumping thing, etc)
    .....or give each kid a smart phone; no one will run off and it will be quiet for the adults.

May 4, 2017 7:53 AM MDT