Discussion » Questions » answerMug » For the past week when people send me Private Messages, I haven't been able to open/read them. Does anyone have a carrier pigeon I can use?

For the past week when people send me Private Messages, I haven't been able to open/read them. Does anyone have a carrier pigeon I can use?

(Must be tilde-trained, tilde-certified and tilde-licensed, however.)

No, seriously, are any of you experiencing similar problems opening and/or reading your own PMs?
~

Posted - May 7, 2017

Responses

• I don't get but a few but they seem to be working OK for me. You're going to play hell finding pigeons like that, Randy! LOL

May 7, 2017 6:55 AM MDT

I don't use PMs, so I can't help you there. 
      May 7, 2017 7:49 AM MDT

I've had issues, too. I've found that if I go to "all messages" and then double click on the message, it will open.
      May 7, 2017 7:57 AM MDT

Thanks!  I tried that, but it didn't work for me. 
    ~
      May 7, 2017 8:32 AM MDT

Try switching browsers. I did that today because I was having issues with chat, too. Everything seems good now. 
      May 8, 2017 3:15 PM MDT

One of the content circulation widgets was being dumb. It was run by third party and their servers were lagging, so it slowed our member home page and our messages pages. The dev removed the codes yesterday and I think he got them all, so the lags should be gone.
      May 7, 2017 12:23 PM MDT

I was having similar issues when I had the chat box open as well. Chat was slow as F and if I tried to multitask, it locked up completely. Today I switched to another browser (Chrome) and it seems to have cleared up the issues I was having. You might give that a try, WW. 
      May 8, 2017 3:13 PM MDT

Shoot me an email if it continues, please. I'm not great at watching threads, but if I get an email, I'll follow up.
      May 9, 2017 10:26 AM MDT

I thought I could help you until I saw "Must be tilde-trained, tilde-certified and tilde-licensed" I have a whole flock of carrier pigeons.

The messenger has worked okay for me except one time but I rarely get messages.
      May 7, 2017 1:03 PM MDT