Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Left up to the states won't conservative states do nothing about health care while the progressive ones do more forcing the sick and

Left up to the states won't conservative states do nothing about health care while the progressive ones do more forcing the sick and

uninsured to move to where they are covered?

Posted - May 7, 2017

Responses

Tennessee has had a state health care system since 1994. Since we have seven border states, there have been a lot of issues with people who don't live here using our system.
      May 7, 2017 10:17 AM MDT

I don't trust the states to do what's right. As a whole they have a poor track record.
      May 7, 2017 10:23 AM MDT

A person should only be concerned what is right for the state they live in.
    We have federal guidelines. I like for states to be free to choose what they want, that way if we don't like the way things are in one state, we have 49 more choices.
    'What is right' is relative as well. Tennessee did have a mess with TennCare at one point because of poor management and it still might not be a lot better. This state did choose to do something about health care when the federal government wasn't. A democratic governor implemented it but no one has tried to do away with it.
     You are probably right though, because like I said, the surrounding states have taken it for a ride because they didn't have a program to help their people. One problem with social programs is we cannot leave it up to the individual to do what is right. I don't know where the balance is, I guess that's why things have to keep changing.
      May 7, 2017 10:34 AM MDT