Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » This weekend I'm being bombarded (happily) by the Star Wars epic sagas. What do you think makes these movies so enthralling?

This weekend I'm being bombarded (happily) by the Star Wars epic sagas. What do you think makes these movies so enthralling?

Posted - May 7, 2017

Responses

• Wait, you mean its possible to be bombarded unhappily by Starwars? I didn't think that was possible for an epic saga such as that!
      May 7, 2017 3:52 PM MDT

Cory~ You aren't going to believe this... but try!  Your timing is impeccable!!  (That is not unbelievable BUT...)  Don and I were just talking about birds.  In fact, I was reading to him about the Peregrine Falcon... Probably a distant cousin of yours.   I just learned it IS the Fastest Creature on Earth.  It can dive as fast as 242 mph.   The Golden Eagle is a close second with a speed of 200 mph.  You already know this; but, birds of prey are the coolest.  
    Thank you for answering and yes, it has not been boring with Star Wars.  I didn't realize there were so many.  We were thinking maybe the music had something to do with its enormous success.  What do you think?
      May 7, 2017 4:26 PM MDT

• If I remember correctly, the Red-Tailed Hawk is the only one that stays with its mate for life and is the only one that uses its talons to kill. Plus, I love their coloring!

As far as Starwars, the music is epic and memorable! Also, George Lucas was shocked when he saw how much people loved Darth Vader. Vader's popularity was completely accidental. Plus there are the many plot twists like Vader being Luke's father and Lea being Luke's sister. There's also the idea of the Jedi and the Force are great for fantasizing, especially with children. There's also the uniqueness of the lightsabers which was also a shock to Lucas how much people loved them. The lightsaber was only suppose to be a side arm that barely saw a role in the movies. We see how that turned out. Whoops, I'm going to quit blathering like a nerd, lol!
      May 7, 2017 4:43 PM MDT

Episodes 1-6 were enthralling because they had well-written storylines. Episode 7 was an abortion that totally wasted Carrie Fisher's last effort.
      May 7, 2017 4:51 PM MDT

Well I only saw the first one and it was very entertaining which is what people want in a motion picture.  Nothing more than that. 
      November 12, 2017 6:51 AM MST