Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Family » How much did you admire your grandpa?

How much did you admire your grandpa?

Posted - May 7, 2017

Responses

• Never got to know either one.
      May 7, 2017 6:00 PM MDT

not a lot, he was a cranky, old b**ch. 
      May 7, 2017 6:02 PM MDT

• Most of my friends from another site know this story but I'll post it here. I was never close to my mothers family but very close to my fathers side , especially my grandmother. My grandfather on my dad's side was super excited for me to be born. He raised and raced horses and used to tell every one he was gonna buy me a pony when I was old enough to have one. He died a few days before I was born .... I was always told stories about him when I was little ..and I liked knowing that there was someone that loved me so much before they even met me ..that they wanted to buy me a pony .... Hence the constant " I want a pony running gag" always some truth behind everything I say .. mixed in with alots of bullshizzat though :) so even though I never met him .. I admire him lots ... Cos :)    
      May 7, 2017 6:14 PM MDT

this is beautiful, thanks for sharing. :)
      May 7, 2017 6:22 PM MDT

• You're welcome ... And thanks :) I'm rarely serious on sites like these ... So you caught me on a rare day. Now back to your  regularly scheduled programming ;)
      May 7, 2017 6:28 PM MDT

He was cool. Loved going fishing with him.
      May 7, 2017 6:15 PM MDT

I don't for two reasons:
    1. He was a curmudgeonly, racist old homo- and transphobe. Didn't show up at his son's (my uncle's) wedding because he married a Vietnamese girl, cut another out of his will when she came out as transexual.
    2. Introduced me to single malt Scotch, I got a taste for it and can't drink the cheap stuff.
      May 7, 2017 7:16 PM MDT

my dad's dad died before i was born, and my mum's dad was an alcoholic who would spend most of his days drinking- i met him a few times but he passed in 2007. This post was edited by Skunky Stinkerson at May 7, 2017 8:46 PM MDT
      May 7, 2017 8:45 PM MDT

My grandpa set the standard when it came to being a good person. I'm not religious, but he was, and he almost became a priest. He lived by the bible. Not like some people do, where they say they believe and do whatever they want. He really lived it. He served his country. He worked for the same company for most of his life thereafter. He was an involved and loving father. He loved and cared for the same woman his whole life. Even when she was sick with cancer, he took care of her and the house. That says a lot, given the era. He took care of his neighbors. He always had donuts and chocolate milk for his grandkids. He didn't have a mean bone in his body. There is not now, nor will there ever be, a man as great as he was.
      May 7, 2017 8:48 PM MDT

• I never knew either of my grandfathers. One died just before I was born and the other was killed in the war when my father was a small child.
      May 7, 2017 11:40 PM MDT
  • Bez

My grandad on my dad's side died before I was born. My grandad on my mum's side was quite politically correct for his generation (he would have been 110 if he was still alive today).
      May 8, 2017 12:26 AM MDT