Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Any Answermugger personally familiar with Moh's Surgery or know someone who had it?

Any Answermugger personally familiar with Moh's Surgery or know someone who had it?

I will be experiencing it in a few weeks. Of course I Googled it and read all about it but I would appreciate knowing from someone who actually experienced it what to expect. Thanks in advance if you have info you're willing to share. ((hugs)) too. It's a little scary.

Posted - May 10, 2017

Responses

I was with my mother when she had it, 3 or 4 times including once on her lower eyelid. She was in her 80's and tolerated it just fine.  It depends on how much the skin cancer has spread, how much they have to remove as to how long it will take to heal afterward, but it's no more than any flesh wound that has to be stitched up.  The waiting room was full of patients having  the surgery and none of them seemed to be in any kind of distress either.  My friend who had it also didn't think it was a big deal. The scars are minimal but if they bother you they can be treated with lasers to minimize them. 
      May 10, 2017 10:01 AM MDT