Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Family » Would you stay in contact with a father nice one minute, abusive the next?

Would you stay in contact with a father nice one minute, abusive the next?

I believe strongly he is bipolar. Im trying to get my own place but its been hard with anxiety and Ptsd. When i get the money and esteem to be ME and have my own place , would you continue contact with a dad thay supported your manic taging mom and hit you when you addressed her abuse, or cut ties? He will be kind and mild once e in a while but can just turn ...however i have no one else to help me if needed on my own..

Posted - May 13, 2017

Responses

No. this creates a love/hate relationship and that f**ks with you mentally & emotionally. it's either he leaves or you leave. 

I don't know if he's bipolar or not, but if he hadn't had a diagnosis and isn't willing to, then the best thing in my opinion is to cut ties. This post was edited by nobodylair.37 at May 14, 2017 7:07 PM MDT
      May 13, 2017 9:50 AM MDT

Thank you N..its like I feel in myheart your words are MORE than correct yet I think my mind still tries to say.."He"s your dad " andfind ways i should NOT Cut ties. I need firm resolve in doing this because i know I cant go on being physically or emotionallly assaulyed anymore. Thanks again for that reminder.
      May 14, 2017 7:06 PM MDT

that's not your mind speaking, but your heart. it's your emotion and that's okay. 

some of the sacrifices we make are huge, I truly understand this, and they can be so difficult but we have to go through them for our own sake in the long term. some of the hardest things you'll have to do in life are also the most vital for our own survival. Just remember that.

I hope you can find what's best for you in the end. <3
      May 14, 2017 10:23 PM MDT

No I would not stay in contact with someone like that.
    I wish you had a dad like the one I had. He was the greatest man I have ever known.
      June 20, 2017 5:40 PM MDT