Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Is it too late to reroute Air Force One back home?

Is it too late to reroute Air Force One back home?

This nut job is sure to put us in worse shape with our global friends.  

Posted - May 19, 2017

Responses

I'm starting to think that our so-called "friends" need to have thicker skin.
      May 19, 2017 2:13 PM MDT

• I used "friends" loosely ... most see the attention hound for what he is. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/us/politics/trump-russia-comey.html
      May 19, 2017 2:17 PM MDT

An Insulting remark just waiting to happen, I sincerely hope not...  (reflections)
      May 19, 2017 2:41 PM MDT

A third government official briefed on the meeting defended the president, saying Mr. Trump was using a negotiating tactic when he told Mr. Lavrov about the “pressure” he was under. The idea, the official suggested, was to create a sense of obligation with Russian officials and to coax concessions out of Mr. Lavrov — on Syria, Ukraine and other issues — by saying that Russian meddling in last year’s election had created enormous political problems for Mr. Trump.

That kind of makes sense. Surely, there are better ways of connecting with someone you're negotiating with, but Trump's not known for his finesse.

But the president undercut that argument a day later, telling NBC News, “When I decided to just do it, I said to myself — I said, you know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story.”

That, on the other hand, is more than a little nutty. He had to tell himself the story about himself was made up? O_o (Setting aside the fact that reps had already said the Russia thing wasn't part of the firing, of course.)

Grounding anything isn't going to help, unless we ground him like a child. No TV, no going out, no phone, and no Internet for the rest of his term. Failing that, maybe we can send him away from boarding school.
      May 19, 2017 3:20 PM MDT