Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Education » Do you have any idea what different teachers in your area receive for supply budgets?

Do you have any idea what different teachers in your area receive for supply budgets?

According to the stats I could dig up, the average teacher spends about $500 of his/her own money on supplies, as teachers are often only given $1-3 per student for supplies for the year. (The ones who get $3 are lucky.) Just curious if we can gather stats from around the country/ world for comparison.

http://time.com/money/4392319/teachers-buying-school-supplies/

Posted - May 26, 2017

Responses

There wasn't a set amount when it came to petty fund items, such as common household stuff that I would get reimbursed for.  We had another account that we could buy chemicals and the like, but not equipment.
      May 27, 2017 9:19 AM MDT

Do you remember what your budgets were? I was talking to an art teacher who gets less than $2 per student to cover a whole year of supplies and he said it went mostly to paper. I can't help but wonder exactly how that covers more than one project, let alone can be divided over the year. Is it any better for teachers in STEM subjects?
      May 30, 2017 12:08 AM MDT

i have no idea, ask a teacher, they would know
      May 29, 2017 4:34 PM MDT