Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » How ticked off/pi**ed off/upset do you get when things don't go your way? Whom do you punish/attack and does it make you feel better? Why?

How ticked off/pi**ed off/upset do you get when things don't go your way? Whom do you punish/attack and does it make you feel better? Why?

Posted - July 18, 2016

Responses

• I used to be somewhat of a spoiled brat and pitch tantrums like crazy when I was a kid. I kinda grew out of it in ,my late teens, but I still don't like 'losing'   :)

July 18, 2016 11:24 AM MDT

Not at all really, I don't require a whole lot to begin with. The source of most of my frustration is having to solve problems that result from the ineptitude or unreliability of others, not sure if this falls into the "getting my way" category. I despise delegating a simple task to someone who assures said task will be accomplished correctly, only to have to come back later and redo it myself. But I don't flip out over it, I simply cut them out of the process in the future. lol Does that count?

July 18, 2016 11:39 AM MDT

•   July 18, 2016 12:10 PM MDT

Just ask yourself how important is it  and count to1,000,000 and when your done you won't even remember what upset you.

July 18, 2016 1:31 PM MDT

Well I think that's very smart. Test people and see which among them are dependable and which aren't. Then go from there. Thank you for your reply FNR and Happy Tuesday. For me personally I rarely have hissy fits about anything.It's just not worth it. I weed people out who are duplicitous. They're the ones I can tolerate least. Others think they can do it and can't. They don't mean to trick you. They just aren't able to do what you need them to do. You can work with them as long as you know their strengths and focus on those. We don't all agree about everything. I appreciate people who are willing to compromise. I don't waste time on those who aren't. What's the point?. :)

July 19, 2016 3:59 AM MDT

So you're competitive then GJ? I'm not. I avoid it. Competition usually (not always) brings out the worst in people. Some will cheat/lie/betray to win. I think winning isn't that important. But it is the only thing that matters to some..like say a Donald Trump. Sorry for the example but he is the one that popped in my mind first. Thank you for your reply! :)    

July 19, 2016 4:02 AM MDT