Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » London police described today's incidents as terror attacks. Any doubt in your mind that our ISIS friends are responsible?

London police described today's incidents as terror attacks. Any doubt in your mind that our ISIS friends are responsible?

What do you think needs to be done about this?

Posted - June 3, 2017

Responses

• Islam is a faith.
      June 4, 2017 7:57 PM MDT

No sh*t, Sherlock, but it doesn't give anyone the right to kill innocent people.
      June 4, 2017 8:14 PM MDT

• The adolescent quip was not necessary.  Of course no one has the right to kill innocent people.  But notice neither allah nor any Muslim cleric speak against these deeds.  Maybe it is time to give up our gods.
      June 4, 2017 8:23 PM MDT

A completely nonsensical statement. People are entitled to worship as they see fit - also known as freedom of religion. Feel free to give up whatever you like, but don't presume to dictate for others.
      June 4, 2017 9:44 PM MDT

• Read more carefully.  I'm not dictating anything to anyone.  Of course all people are free to worship as they choose.  But if one's religious beliefs move one to blow up others, behead journalists, murder cartoonist, arson businesses and embassies then there is a very serious problem with those beliefs and the religion which generates them.  And understand clearly I'm not bashing Islam.  The above applies to the times of Christian barbarity in torturing, hanging and immolating "witches" and heretics.  One must remember those activities were referred to as "auto da fey", an act of faith.  Sound familiar?  Rather scary.
      June 5, 2017 8:10 AM MDT

OK
      June 5, 2017 10:02 AM MDT

I have no ISIS friends
      June 4, 2017 10:42 AM MDT

The London mayor said people have no reason to be alarmed.....................geesh!!  What an idiot!

ISIS has claimed responsibility.  It matters not so much to me.  They were dancing that extremist dance that is causing the world to shun all Muslims.  The world needs all of those peace-loving Muslims we keep hearing about to collectively say to the extremists:  No more!  Not in the name of God!  I think that they fear the radicals like everyone else, so the peace-loving Muslims now fear those who claim to share their Faith as well as fear of Western retribution if they live in Western countries.  It's so sad it's mind boggling. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at June 4, 2017 10:47 PM MDT
      June 4, 2017 9:59 PM MDT