Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Do folks often say "What is the Conservative response to our dilemma?" forgetting that Conservatism is faith in forces, market

Do folks often say "What is the Conservative response to our dilemma?" forgetting that Conservatism is faith in forces, market

, societal or what have you that correct aberration by divine design whenever allowed? 

Posted - June 7, 2017

Responses

Like the word "Republican", "Conservative" has become a dirty word around here.

It used to have a different meaning.   It was geared on keeping the economy sound and now it is about keeping the rich and entitled, secure and sound.

Both words.

June 7, 2017 8:56 AM MDT

What is dirty is using chairman f***ing Mao as your avatar. Disgusting!
      June 8, 2017 10:47 AM MDT

LMAO.

Why?  What if I used Adolph Hitler?  They are TRUMP idols. 
      June 8, 2017 11:44 AM MDT

I wouldn't say that conservatism is faith in market forces as such.

Conservatism is based more on doubt than faith. We doubt human nature. We recognise than humans are fallen sinful little creatures. We acknowledge that human nature can't really change and therefore leftist idealism is doomed to failure.

I can see the failures of the free market, I just doubt that humans can be trusted to control the market.

Leftists are greedy, slothful, envious scum and they're too prideful and self righteous to admit it. A lot of conservatives aren't much better but we have the humility and honesty to confess what human nature is, instead of denying it. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at June 8, 2017 10:56 AM MDT
      June 7, 2017 11:35 AM MDT

Someone doesn't want to share. Someone is blaming his/her tax payouts as having to pay for the poor.  That someone is the Trump idolator.

Give it up.  You should know about greed.  It's all about greed with this type of mindset.  Leftists?  What century are you from anyway?  World War II?

Yeah  The POOR. Those are leftists to you. The ones who need aid because you DO NOT.  So you think you are entitled to everything this country offers.  You wouldn't be able to take a breath without all your brothers and sisters on this planet, not just whitey Trump worshippers.  Least of all them.  They would stab you in the back in a heartbeat if it suited them. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 8, 2017 11:49 AM MDT
      June 8, 2017 11:48 AM MDT

I'm not greedy (or at least no more than anyone else). 

I'll help anyone who asks nicely. Though if someone come to me telling me I owe them and that I'm successful because I took from them, then they can kiss my ass. They didn't do sh*t. They need aid because they're weak. I don't because I'm strong. I'm quite happy to aid the weak, but that is just my act of generosity not their entitlement.

"The ones who need aid because you DO NOT"

Bullsh*t. Work creates wealth. It doesn't extract it from someone else. You leftists need to imagine that successful people stole something from you because you have too much ego to admit that they're just more productive than you. You need to imagine they couldn't have done it without you and they owe you something. Face it. You're just dead weight. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at June 8, 2017 2:17 PM MDT
      June 8, 2017 2:05 PM MDT