Discussion » Questions » Communication » The head of state says he will let us know "in a short period of time". Is that Trumpspeak for NEVER?

The head of state says he will let us know "in a short period of time". Is that Trumpspeak for NEVER?

The short period of time has come and gone for many things and still we are in the dark.

Posted - June 10, 2017

Responses

Yes.  As a matter of fact, it's the Twelfth of Never.  Same as saying he would produce his tax returns and produce some other "proof." 
      June 10, 2017 10:34 AM MDT

Once you get the hang of it you can predict all future pronouncements. It's wise not to hold your breath if he says he will provide details "in a short period of time"! He won't. He never does. He does lies all the time and that is what his worshippers love so much about him. Unpredictability.   Remember months ago when The Donald PROMISED us proof that Melania had come to America LEGALLY? He said it would be within two weeks! We're still waiting.  And so it goes! Thank you for your reply Spunky and Happy Sunday! :)
      June 11, 2017 3:29 AM MDT

I don't expect anything from Trump other than lies and subterfuge.  He's his own worst enemy.  Tom Dickerson interviewed Lindsay Graham on Face the Nation this morning and while Graham is not one of my favorite politicians, he was very clear that his advice to Trump was to stop his incessant tweeting.  If you get a chance to watch that show, Graham is the first interviewee and it's about 10 minutes.  Interesting.  Happy Sunday. :)
      June 11, 2017 9:51 AM MDT

Thanks for the head's up Spunky. I'll look for it. At 11am pst the French Open Final will be played. Rafael Nadal versus Stan Wawrinka! Jim is a huge tennis fan and it kinda has rubbed off on me over the years.  So in half an hour I'm signing off for the day! Have a great rest of your Sunday! :)
      June 11, 2017 11:29 AM MDT

Enjoy your day, Rosie. 
      June 11, 2017 11:32 AM MDT

sounds like it
      June 10, 2017 11:57 AM MDT

• Everybody knows by Leonard Cohen is a great song :) YAY! 
      June 10, 2017 6:59 PM MDT