Active Now

Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Games » Some moron won $450,000,000 on the Lotto yesterday. Are you HAPPY? Can you see how sick this Lottery is?

Some moron won $450,000,000 on the Lotto yesterday. Are you HAPPY? Can you see how sick this Lottery is?

Do you understand how sick it is to give some idiot who spent one dollar this kind of financial power?  

Doesn't there need to be a cap on this lotto thing?     Let several people win 20 million?   This is dangerous.  This is a waste of money and just so sad.

Every person that has won a prize, does not really deserve anything.  It was luck and it was fortune.  It speaks to how little this world appreciates bounty when they can just thrust that many millions upon any individual who spends $1 on a ticket?  $5?  or $10.   Whatever those tickets cost.

I say, there should be a CAP on the lotto and when it is reached, another drawing needs to be for the remainders of the pot. 

How about for every dollar you have to throw away for a ticket, you have to pay $1 for some organization to stave off world hunger?

That $450,000,000 would go very far to feed America, or South Africa, or India.   You get me?

Do you want $450,000,000 to go to your idiot next-door neighbor who "GOT LUCKY"?    I think $5,000,000 is all the happiness I can share on his behalf.  $450,000,000 is way too much for anyone who shells out a ticket for something.

Posted - June 11, 2017

Responses

• There is no way to have a set number of winners. That is way it is a gamble.
      June 12, 2017 2:04 PM MDT

Of course there is.  You have 450 one-million dollar lotteries.  It isn't hard.  If no one bought the number drawn then that million will be offered again next week.   It's a gamble no matter how you do it.  The odds would be  improved for the ticket purchasers.  I haven't even checked in my current state because I just never think to buy tickets, but when I was in Washington they gave you the odds on each of the major games.   I frequently bought a ticket up there, but wasn't an avid player. 
      June 12, 2017 3:12 PM MDT

No one deserves to be granted $450,000,000.   It is beyond insane.  Why don't they give England next?  Or Cairo, Egypt.  Or the planet Mars? 

Thanks, Thrifty.   That makes a lot of sense.  Your answer. 
      June 12, 2017 3:17 PM MDT

Lotteries live and die by people thinking there is "easy money" to be had.

So they must pay out big every now and again. Big enough to make people sit up and take notice. It keeps the 'easy money' dream alive. But most of the time they barely pay out at all, after all the lotto arrangers want money too ;-))
      June 12, 2017 7:20 AM MDT

Im happy for um.   ;D This post was edited by carbonproduct at June 12, 2017 3:38 PM MDT
      June 12, 2017 3:34 PM MDT