Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Is the American CHECK AND BALANCE SYSTEM working well currently or it is in urgently critical need of repair? Why do you think so?

Is the American CHECK AND BALANCE SYSTEM working well currently or it is in urgently critical need of repair? Why do you think so?

Posted - June 12, 2017

Responses

• Our checks and balance system as written out in the Constitution is not in critical need of repair. It just needs to be adhered too and followed by all parties for it to work properly. The framers of the Constitution, whether they be Democrat, Republican, or Whig, we no dummies. They knew it would work but they also knew that it would fail if it was strayed from. Much like has happened today. I am a Constitutional Conservative and it breaks my heart to see just how maligned, threatened, misquoted, ignored and attacked the Constitution is today. I have always made the suggestion that all American citizens should not only read but study the Constitution to see just how profound a document it really is.

There are those who would do almost anything to have the Constitution re-written. Why? It's worked for well over 200 years. All we need to do is follow it as written. There are those who hate the Constitution thus hate this country. My answer to that is, if you hate the Constitution and this country, then leave.
      June 12, 2017 9:32 AM MDT