Discussion » Questions » Communication » How much inane badgering can you take before you shut off/shut down/shut out the source? Why?

How much inane badgering can you take before you shut off/shut down/shut out the source? Why?

Posted - June 12, 2017

Responses

It depends on what I have to gain or lose by shutting it.

I will put up with anything if the price is something I desperately need.

My brother tormented me for the last decade.  You wouldn't believe it.  Ask our mutual friend that lives with me.   He had to see it to believe it.  

Anyway, I put up with it because I need this house and he owned half.  He tormented me for 8 years.  Now he is gone and cannot hurt me ever again.

So?  I don't know if it was worth it, but I did not give up and now I have what I want.  I have a house and I have him gone from my life forever.

That part?  THAT was worth everything.  Good riddance. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 13, 2017 2:50 AM MDT
      June 12, 2017 12:29 PM MDT

Condolences to you for what you went through. I believe your mom was no picnic either. But you survived and here you are. I would have simply walked away. House or no house I value peace of mind over all things. I have walked away from situations leaving behind much of value that belonged to me . All I took was my son and a few essentials. I never looked back. People react in different ways. It depends on what is most important to you. Thank you for your reply Shar!
      June 13, 2017 2:54 AM MDT

depends on what theyre badgering me about
      June 12, 2017 12:45 PM MDT

• 4,782 Badgerings. Give or take 5.
      June 12, 2017 8:39 PM MDT