Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Sometimes when I think of things that happened in the long ago the memories are fuzzy. Did they happen to me or is my memory faulty?

Sometimes when I think of things that happened in the long ago the memories are fuzzy. Did they happen to me or is my memory faulty?

Did they happen to someone else? Did I read about them, see a movie, a TV show? How do you KNOW when you really don't remember?

Posted - June 17, 2017

Responses

Now, you must ask someone else about what happened when.  Unless you take photos, and keep a journal or diary. With these you can check to refresh your memory.
      June 17, 2017 12:30 PM MDT

In conversations with my sister whom I've known longer than I've known anyone (she is 72 and I'm 79) she will recall things I do not remember having happened. I guess memories fade as one gets older. They never get sharper, do they?  Thank you for your reply Maurice and Happy Sunday!  :)
      June 18, 2017 4:05 AM MDT

i dont think anyone can remember everything, guess when you forget basic stuff thats when you know you have a problem
      June 17, 2017 4:21 PM MDT

Yes
      June 18, 2017 7:27 AM MDT

•  I'm 68 and, although I can't remember everything, I can clearly remember many things back when I was 4 or 5 years old. That said many of the memories that are fuzzy are the ones I just as soon forget because of their unpleasant nature.
      June 19, 2017 1:01 PM MDT