Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Wild) » Is your cat a good mouser/ratter?

Is your cat a good mouser/ratter?

Does she have a special arrangement with the mice?

Such as, they sacrifice some babies but she agrees to let them breed so as to keep her with a constant supply?

Does she bring you her trophies as loving proof of her devotion and ability to provide for you?

Does she catch them outside, give a victory cry, bring them in with tenderly gentle teeth, and release them so she can play with them until they die of a heart attack?

What are your cat's special quirks and habits?

Posted - July 19, 2016

Responses

• Mice don't come around anymore because of my cats...now if only bugs would do the same...alas they do need entertainment while I am gone to work.
      July 19, 2016 10:54 AM MDT

• I don't have cats. I have French Bulldogs. Surprise!  My Frenchies are good mousers.  They have have killed several

July 19, 2016 10:59 AM MDT

• lol :D

July 19, 2016 11:00 AM MDT

• Well, I didn't know that! :)

Jack Russells are brilliant at it - and don't play with their food.

Three cheers for your bulldogs! :)

July 19, 2016 11:02 AM MDT

Some times though some times my cats bring them in alive then just let them go again
      July 19, 2016 11:05 AM MDT

• Jack Russels are a breed fave of mine :)

Frenchies are not noted for their vermin-chasing skills.  They must get it from the terrier in the breed.   

TBH...  No one was more surprised than I because most of the time, I'm surprised they can even find their own food.  I'm being kind when I say they are a bit "awkward". lol

July 19, 2016 4:49 PM MDT

• :)

July 19, 2016 5:17 PM MDT

• Yep. :) :/ ;)

July 19, 2016 5:18 PM MDT