Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "They" say they want SMALL government and government out of healthcare. Which means "They" all have beaucoup bucks, don't they?

"They" say they want SMALL government and government out of healthcare. Which means "They" all have beaucoup bucks, don't they?

I finally get it. All Republicans who embrace/support/promulgate that ideology are WEALTHY. They hafta be. They want government to butt the he** out and let each take care of his/her own and own self  vis a vis healthcare. OK. That's great for them. Not so great for the rest of us but so what, right? SIGH. :(

Posted - June 22, 2017

Responses

Definition of Republican idea of small government.

Protect the small 2 percent of filthy rich morons who want small government.
      June 22, 2017 9:10 AM MDT

With soecial emphasis on making the 1/2 of 1% of the wealthiest among us richer and richer and richer and richer and richer. SIGH. Thank you for your reply Shar.
      June 23, 2017 3:32 AM MDT

I have no bucks and never have been wealthy and still support smaller government. We have to much government running our lives for us.

It amazes me when Democrats make millions and billions it is ok. George Soros is a multi billionaire and many of Hollywood's minions are millionaire 1%'ers. Yet they keep making millions and no complaints.

We just had an audit of the fire department in Kansas City MO. One firefighter earned over $227,000 in 2016. That is a firefighter. A soldier in the Army makes less than $30,000 fighting in combat.

A librarian for Kansas University makes $324, 000 per year off the taxpayers.

Liberals never complain about how much they make.
      June 23, 2017 6:46 AM MDT

Newsflash: Everyone in Congress, Republican or Democrat, is wealthy. How do you think they got elected? You said it yourself in one of your other questions. You're not really that naive, are you?
      June 23, 2017 10:55 AM MDT

Yes, compared to ME they are very wealthy.  But some do not have the beaucoup bucks that TRUMP had to invest. Sure, Hilldog is richer than God.  But many in Congress do not have that kind of income. 
      June 23, 2017 11:07 AM MDT

But many do. Remember Rosie's question about the special elections? Nobody gets elected without personal wealth plus financial backing. And it's far beyond naive to assume that one party is dirty and the other one is "pure". Republicans and Democrats are a lot more alike than they are different.
      June 23, 2017 11:15 AM MDT