Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Weather » What's the worst storm you have ever been in?

What's the worst storm you have ever been in?

Posted - July 6, 2017

Responses

A typhoon in the Indian Ocean on my second ship. Quite the ride. I thought it was fun except for everyone else barfing in a bucket.
      July 6, 2017 7:06 AM MDT

• "Blizzard in Duluth, Mn." Had to park the truck.

July 6, 2017 7:11 AM MDT

Three years ago, we drove into a blizzard coming from my niece's college graduation in Virginia to Pennsylvania.  It was the most harrowing five hours of my life. 
      July 6, 2017 8:17 AM MDT

not so much storms but ive been in earthquakes before
      July 6, 2017 3:30 PM MDT

Probably a category 3 hurricane. We took a direct hit from it, I didn't expect it to be that powerful and frightening. It was one of those storms that changed trajectory and gained strength at that last moment, so we weren't really prepared and a lot of people tried evacuating at the last minute, but they were unable to leave because the flooding was already taking hold. I remember the power was out for a week or two and when we were able to leave our house, us kids went to our dad's house since he still had power while my mother stayed at a hotel. She said the only rooms available were on the upper floors and the building she was in was swaying in the wind and it felt so weird and unnerving.
      July 7, 2017 1:14 AM MDT