Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Any of you have a FOOLPROOF way of keeping mosquitos away from eating you alive? Wouldja share it please?

Any of you have a FOOLPROOF way of keeping mosquitos away from eating you alive? Wouldja share it please?

Mosquitoes rarely ever bite Jim and when they do the bites don't blow up like a welt. Mosquitoes seek me out and when I get bitten the bite area swells up pretty big. I've tried anti-bug bracelets and lavender oil and even rubbed dryer sheets on my skin to no avail. When I was a baby my mom said if I got a mosquito  bite near my eye it would swell up and close up so I guess I'm really allergic/sensitive to those particular bug bites. If any of you are  in the same boat what paddle do you use?

Posted - July 7, 2017

Responses

you can try pest repellers, i have 3 in my apt, i didnt realize i had bedbugs at first and id get bit and wondered where they were coming from until i saw them, i trashed my sheets and blanket and then i moved one of my pest repellers and plugged it by my bed, never saw them again and never got bit again either, this was almost 3 wks ago, but i heard theyre visiting my neighbors
      July 8, 2017 5:49 PM MDT

Thank you for your helpful reply pearl. I want to stay away from bug sprays with chemicals. I'm looking for some kind of lotion with a fragrance that mosquitos don't like. I'm still looking. Happy Sunday to thee I appreciate your informative response! :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 9, 2017 1:40 AM MDT
      July 9, 2017 1:39 AM MDT