Active Now

Element 99
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » United States Citizens are EXPECTED TO BE LOYAL FIRST AND FOREMOST to the USA. Some clearly aren't. WHY?

United States Citizens are EXPECTED TO BE LOYAL FIRST AND FOREMOST to the USA. Some clearly aren't. WHY?

Posted - July 13, 2017

Responses

How are you supposed to be loyal to a bunch of words not agreed upon by anyone anywhere?

I am loyal to myself.  My core being must have integrity and concern and caring for my brothers and sisters.  They need to be given my best by me.  They need to be respected and treat me with the same respect.

That is my Constitution.  It would be wonderful if everyone could appreciate how simple love and life should be.

SHOULD BE.  Never has been.

We need role models the likes which we have not really seen nor appreciated until now. 

July 13, 2017 10:03 AM MDT

You are loyal to yourself? Nothing else? No one else?  There is nothing bigger than you or grander than you that you would pledge allegiance to? I am first generation American Shar. My parents and grandparents came to this country for a better life. They became naturalized citizens. I honestly think naturalized citizens treasure this country more than those who were born here. Voting is a privilege. Being an American is a privilege and an honor and I pledge allegiance to my country. You don't. Different strokes. I shall a question about it in fact. Thank you for your reply and the graphic.
      July 14, 2017 2:31 AM MDT

cause they dont want to be loyal
      July 13, 2017 1:53 PM MDT

• Because they are too busy crying and hating everyone over who won the election.
      July 13, 2017 4:15 PM MDT

SIGH. Doofus Donny Jr was happy to collude with a foreign lawyer from Russia to get dirt on Hillary. He brought in Jared Kushner, Paul Manafort too. They didn't get the dirt they expected. What they did was ILLEGAL. There are dozens, possibly HUNDREDS of such examples by the  GOP which will all be uncovered if Robert Mueller is allowed to continue with his investigations. Unless Doofus Donny fires him which I wouldn't be surprised if he did. You must believe that the only truth resides in Trump/Fox News and that the rest of us are lying. It is your choice. Your reply to my question is a typical reply from the GOP script so I shouldn't be surprised that you bring it with you. Thank you for your response Karen and Happy Friday.
      July 14, 2017 2:28 AM MDT

• SIGH. Hillary sold our uranium to the Russians. SIGH Hillary let our people die in Benghazi.  SIGH Bill Clinton and Loretta Lynch had a PRIVATE meeting on a plane and the investigation into Hillary's emails got halted. Sigh Obama is running all over the world breaking the Logan Act.......You must believe that the only truth resides within CNN and the Washington Post. 
      July 14, 2017 3:45 AM MDT

Not CNN...MSNBC
      July 14, 2017 4:09 AM MDT

• Ok. My mistake. :) I thought CNN was famous for fake news too. 
      July 14, 2017 4:22 AM MDT

It is, but Rosie claimed once she never watched it. I can also discern from her comments she prefers the somewhat hysterical nature of MSNBC.
      July 14, 2017 4:30 AM MDT

• Gotcha! I don't watch either one, so I'm not sure which source she prefers. I usually just watch my local channels. 
      July 14, 2017 4:39 AM MDT