Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Trump's IMAGINARY friend Jim says "Paris isn't Paris anymore". Trump can't produce Jim nor explain what was purportedly said means. Can YOU?

Trump's IMAGINARY friend Jim says "Paris isn't Paris anymore". Trump can't produce Jim nor explain what was purportedly said means. Can YOU?

Posted - July 13, 2017

Responses

Heraclitus said one can't dip his toe into the same river once---it's the same concept.

Heraclitus was He is best known for (3) doctrines, the first of which is germane here and states that that things are constantly changing (universal flux).

(Sort of like "the river doesn't stay the same long enough for you do anything to it even once---sort of akin to the Heisenberg uncertainty principle.) This post was edited by tom jackson at July 13, 2017 10:12 AM MDT
      July 13, 2017 10:08 AM MDT

Apologies tj but I have no idea how your answer is responsive to the question I asked. Could you fill in the blanks please?  Thank you for your reply.
      July 13, 2017 10:13 AM MDT

It's a specific restatement of the universal flux principle applied to Paris.  "Paris isn't Paris anymore" simply means is a constantly changing city.

Of course, exactly what Trump is trying to say is impossible to determine most of the time---since apparently he himself seldom knows and thus there is no way to verify its meaning.

Perhaps he's just stating that the recent French election presages significant changes.
      July 13, 2017 10:30 AM MDT

Thanks m'dear for the kind explanation. I appreciate it! I have never heard of the "universal flux" principle either so thank you. I'll Google it! That's what I love most about Answermug. I learn things from others I didn't know! Here's what I don't get relative to France. Trump insulted France multiple times. He wanted the extreme right-wing gal Marine Le Pen to win the election. Macron won and invited Trump to visit him in Paris on Quatorze Juillet! Why on earth would Macron do that when Trump is such a pompous a** with no class? I don't get it. Thank you for your reply tj and Happy Friday! :)
      July 14, 2017 4:58 AM MDT

Trump and Jim are busy.  Trump is busy paying Jim to say what he needs him to say.  And Jim is busy memorizing every word.

Stay tuned. Either he will pull someone out of his a$$ or we will move on to his next blunder and forget about this one.

July 13, 2017 10:45 AM MDT

Doofus Donny pulls everything out of his arse. It is a rather huge one and very roomy. Thank you for your reply and the graphic Shar! :)
      July 14, 2017 5:00 AM MDT

You once asked about my specific expertise---my first degree is in theoretical physics and I have pursued a lifelong interest in philosophy (and theology as well).  Trump made it clear (to me) as I listened to him in the primaries that he was an extremely dangerous man to have as president.  And the more I understood what he was actually about about, I developed an philosophical abhorrence to having him as a president of the US.

So if you are interested, here's a good article from the Internet today   https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-jr-sub-master-universe-090031185.html
      July 13, 2017 10:45 AM MDT

Theoretical physics? How does that relate to quantum physics, wormholes, the folding of time, parallel universes and multiple dimensions? I have no scientific background whatsoever but I have about a dozen and a half books written by quantum physicists with exotic  titles. I am fascinated, intrigued, enthralled, mesmerized. I came to it through the back door so to speak. I've always been a scifi buff and quantum physics provides a nifty framework. So about our alleged 3-dimensional world. Maybe it is 10 dimensions or 26 and those other dimensions to which we have no access (yet) hold all the answers to all the questions/mysteries. A possibility? Multiple universes in which every action you could have taken was taken and the results of those lies in other universes with another version of you living each of those lives?  I dunno about that one. I do kinda think extra dimensions  we can't access(yet) makes more sense than ghosts or miracles. What do you think? Thank you for your reply tom. I did click on the link you provided. I read some of it and will go back to it. It is very lengthy. I had heard of the Bonfire of the Vanities but neither read the book nor saw the movie. Truth is stranger than fiction n'est-ce pas? This post was edited by RosieG at July 14, 2017 5:10 AM MDT
      July 14, 2017 5:09 AM MDT

no, i cant explain it either
      July 13, 2017 1:51 PM MDT