Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » When is transparency important to you?

When is transparency important to you?

Question: You were joking about solar, right?
Trump: No, not joking, no. There is a chance that we can do a solar wall. We have major companies looking at that. Look, there's no better place for solar than the Mexico border -- the southern border. And there is a very good chance we can do a solar wall, which would actually look good. But there is a very good chance we could do a solar wall.
One of the things with the wall is you need transparency. You have to be able to see through it. In other words, if you can't see through that wall — so it could be a steel wall with openings, but you have to have openings because you have to see what's on the other side of the wall.
And I'll give you an example. As horrible as it sounds, when they throw the large sacks of drugs over, and if you have people on the other side of the wall, you don't see them -- they hit you on the head with 60 pounds of stuff? It's over. As cray as that sounds, you need transparency through that wall. But we have some incredible designs.

Posted - July 14, 2017

Responses

I cannot even entertain this.   It is a really ludicrous definition that TRUMP the ass-wipe pulled out of his butt to explain the behavior of his stupid son.

Transparency has to do with seeing through something.  I can totally see through both Dad Bozo and Son Bozo.

That's all it winds up meaning in the end.   What a fool.  What a transparent Bozo.  Now it has become  political buzz word.

Besides having a very unwieldy name that turns super catchy in acronym form, the MAR-A-LAGO act would give the American people an enlightening look at the ways in which Trump runs the White House, and at the people who help him run it. Upon taking office, Barack Obama began voluntarily publishing White House visitor logs in an effort to promote TRANSPARENCY a practice that the Trump administration promptly discontinued. And even if federal law mandated the publication of such logs, Trump’s frequent travels to his various luxury properties would make it easy to conduct meetings outside of the public eye. The MAR-A-LAGO act, if passed, would handily solve that problem.

Senator Tom Udall (D-NM) published a statement about the bill on Twitter:

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 14, 2017 6:41 AM MDT
      July 14, 2017 6:38 AM MDT

My windows should be transparent. I don't care about all of that other crap.
      July 14, 2017 10:45 AM MDT

probably when something important is going on
      July 14, 2017 2:57 PM MDT

• Tupperware.
      July 14, 2017 8:38 PM MDT

July 14, 2017 8:56 PM MDT