Active Now

Slartibartfast
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » So we just sit here like dumdumbs doing nothing? Why doesn't the US hack back and attack/sabotage Russian power grids/elections?

So we just sit here like dumdumbs doing nothing? Why doesn't the US hack back and attack/sabotage Russian power grids/elections?

Are you telling me that Russian hackers are so much smarter than we are?  We sit here with no severe retaliation computerwise in mind?  We dillydally with sanctions to impose when  Donald John wants to lift all existing ones? Seriously folks, what's wrong with this picture?

Posted - July 16, 2017

Responses

Maybe it is because the best programmers in the US are employed by programming companies that refuse to admit that hacking is possible.

It is kind of a dilemma they have.
    If they admit it Joe-customer will loose faith in their programs.
    If they do not admit it Harry-hacker will continue to have lots of holes to attack through.

Would you want to admit it ?
      July 16, 2017 12:45 PM MDT

Gosh JakobA  I have to think about it. It just seems to me that the hackers who do the damage are way smarter than we are. You're saying they're not but that we can't be bragging about hacking ability or folks qill lose confidence in computer programs' anti-hacking software. I see the problem. I'm not knowledgeable enough to come up with a solution.  Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday! :)
      July 24, 2017 6:48 AM MDT

maybe they dont believe in two wrongs making it right
      July 16, 2017 3:18 PM MDT

We sat there like dum dums and allowed this pig to run for office.

This is the fruits of the neglect of the USA.

July 24, 2017 7:11 AM MDT

And just what makes you think that the US is not engaging in such activities?
      July 24, 2017 7:57 AM MDT