Active Now

Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Once OJ is on parole do you think people will be legally laughing at him and making jokes about him in his presence,

Once OJ is on parole do you think people will be legally laughing at him and making jokes about him in his presence,

just to enrage him into doing something that would violate his parole? I think it would be fun. I would wear this near him.

Posted - July 21, 2017

Responses

i would hope not, its not nice to make fun of people
      July 21, 2017 11:40 AM MDT

Do you know what he did 24 years ago? And got away with it.
      July 22, 2017 8:07 AM MDT

He's not going to be paroled.

Is he?

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 21, 2017 12:56 PM MDT
      July 21, 2017 12:55 PM MDT

He was granted parole yesterday.
      July 21, 2017 12:56 PM MDT

Not according to this.

O.J. Simpson won parole Wednesday on some of the charges that have kept him in a Nevada prison for almost five years, but still faces at least four more years behind bars.

The Nevada Board of Parole Commissioners order says the decision relates to two kidnapping and two robbery convictions and one conviction for burglary with a firearm. But Simpson, 66, will continue to be held for related convictions for which he is not yet eligible for parole.

The case stems from a confrontation Simpson had with two sports memorabilia collectors at a Las Vegas hotel room in 2007. Simpson, a former superstar in the National Football League, said he was attempting to retrieve his own memorabilia.

Three co-defendants pleaded guilty and agreed to testify against Simpson, who was convicted and sentenced to 33 years in prison, with the possibility of parole in nine years.

Simpson appeared before two members of the board last week. He told them that he has been a model prisoner and that other inmates come to him to tell their stories and seek guidance.

"They were trying to steal other people's property," Simpson told the commissioners. "They were trying to steal other people's money. My crime was trying to retrieve for my family my own property."

His oldest daughter and a prison official provided letters of support for Simpson. Prison officials say he's had no disciplinary actions against him.

The board said it granted parole because Simpson has an otherwise minimal criminal conviction record, because he has a "positive" record in prison and has participated in programs that address the issues that put him in prison -- and because he will remain in prison on other charges anyway.

Simpson still faces time for four weapons related sentences and two counts of assault with a deadly weapon. Simpson, who is serving his time at Lovelock Correctional Center 90 miles from Reno, faces at least four more years in prison on those sentences.

"We expected it," Patricia Palm, one of Simpson's current lawyers, said of the decision. "There is no reason not to grant him parole. I'm glad they did what they should have done."

Palm said Simpson called from prison to let her know of the board's decision. "He's very happy and grateful," she said.
      July 21, 2017 12:57 PM MDT

This was in 2013, he got parole for some of the counts but not all so still have to serve 4 more years under the other counts. But he was just granted parole July 19,2017 and will be released from prison Oct 1, 2017.

(from 2013)
    https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/o-simpson-wins-parole-faces-4-years-jail-article-1.1413754

(from 2017)
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/20/oj-simpson-parole-hearing-former-football-star-approved-for-october-release.html
      July 21, 2017 1:31 PM MDT

Thanks, my 2.  Obviously, I spend as little time as possible regarding OJ.  He should just disappear into the bowls of the deepest cell on Alcatraz and kept there alone. 

I know it is deserted. That is all he deserves.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 21, 2017 6:36 PM MDT
      July 21, 2017 1:37 PM MDT

Legally laughing?  Why would you want to do someone like that?  This seems to be the new America. Nasty.   I, myself, wish him well in his new chance in life.  I hope the press will leave him alone.  I hope he isn't stupid about this chance of freedom and his NFL pension which should let him be comfortable.  
      July 21, 2017 6:27 PM MDT

I take it the Goldman family can't get their hands on any of that from their civil judgment against him.  
      July 21, 2017 6:30 PM MDT

Correct.
      July 21, 2017 6:33 PM MDT

What are you saying, Lyrical? 

That they should NOT get any of it?

That son was butchered for no reason.  I think OJ should give them everything he has and more.
      July 22, 2017 8:26 AM MDT

Dearie, I don't know what you've been smoking but I'm not saying that at all.  
      July 22, 2017 10:11 AM MDT

I did hear that he was horribly tormented whenever he went anywhere before he was jailed.  Not that I am surprised.  I'm sure that had a lot to do with his mental state since the murders.

If you are this 'libera'l that you can let it rest when a known criminal who butchered his wife and an innocent man can get freedom unfairly?  I wish I you would still be practicing law.  I could commit any crime and have you back me.

He is a killer.  Are you saying because he was declared innocent HE WAS?    Bugliosi, who prosecuted Charlie Manson said that there was more DNA evidence at this crime scene than he has ever witnessed.  Was it planted?  That would have been a great trick since so many different men were involved.  More like the all black jury wanted to right all the white wrongs that were committed against them in the past.

July 22, 2017 8:25 AM MDT

Still, a bit butt hurt are we?
      July 22, 2017 8:33 AM MDT

Zack, what are you talking about?

As usual, no one knows.

My butt is not hurt at all. He murdered people and got away with it.

If you are fine with that, then be fine with that.

I didn't know he was being paroled. So what?  I don't follow OJ and his nonsense.

July 22, 2017 8:36 AM MDT

I'm sure he and his kids are getting what they deserve. Whether those things are good or bad remains to be seen. This post was edited by Zack at July 22, 2017 8:39 AM MDT
      July 22, 2017 8:38 AM MDT

So why make sarcastic comments to me? 

I'm merely stating that I did not know he was being paroled.  He should not be paroled. And I don't give a crap whether he is or not.
      July 22, 2017 8:40 AM MDT

Point taken.
      July 22, 2017 8:43 AM MDT

I don't like the word butt hurt, I guess.  Sorry for getting testy.
      July 22, 2017 10:39 AM MDT

No need to apologize. I was the one who shouldn't have used it.
      July 22, 2017 10:44 AM MDT

No!  NO!  Zack its MEEE MEEE MEE

I am the JERK here.  I insist.  LOL

July 22, 2017 10:45 AM MDT