Active Now

Randy D
Slartibartfast
Element 99
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Babies and Kids » Do you think there should be girl's toys and boy's toys?

Do you think there should be girl's toys and boy's toys?

Posted - July 23, 2017

Responses

Sure.  It isn't a genderless world just because a small minority wants to identify with those who have different genitalia.  I see nothing wrong with traditional gender roles as long as the individual wants to live in them.  Marriage and family works smoother with fairly clear roles for each spouse/parent.  I'm a woman and I like being a woman.  Both of my daughters and I went for traditionally male careers (attorney, minister, organic farmer).  The idea is freedom.   Militant feminists have done nothing but cause problems for society.  Once woman could vote it was just a matter of time until the other stuff would follow.  So yeah, its fine for toys to be for boys or girls, but it's good to let kids play with what they choose to play with.  I remember my friend, Jimmy, had a dart board.  I thought that was the coolest thing in the world.  I was told I couldn't have one, not because darts are dangerous and kids don't need to play with them, but because they were for boys. 
      July 23, 2017 8:43 PM MDT

I don't know what to say.   I never played with trucks when I was a kid.  I liked dolls.  I was programmed, I guess.  But I still like dolls and clothes and could care less about trucks.

That's all I got.
      July 23, 2017 8:45 PM MDT

I think that's the shortest answer you ever gave to any question ever!
      July 24, 2017 4:08 AM MDT

• No, all it does is force kids to deny what they actually enjoy. 
      July 24, 2017 5:56 PM MDT

• "No" I think all toys should be called "Mine" toys.

August 23, 2017 10:56 AM MDT