Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Communication » A compulsive eater is responsible for the food put in the mouth. A compulsive talker/tweeter is responsible for the words coming out. Right?

A compulsive eater is responsible for the food put in the mouth. A compulsive talker/tweeter is responsible for the words coming out. Right?

Compulsive anything isn't good for the compulsive behaviorist. Shopping, eating, gambling, drugs, whatever.  Are compulsions treatable/reversible? Any antidote available?

Posted - July 24, 2017

Responses

At least we know what is on his small mind.

Not good for him, but plenty good for us.

July 24, 2017 7:09 AM MDT

• Rosie, you fit in this category as well.  Is there a cure?
      July 24, 2017 7:26 AM MDT

Does it make you happy to always make the question about me Karen? It does nothing for me.
      July 25, 2017 7:00 AM MDT

• No it doesn't make me happy because I know you will never see the similarities between yourself and the things you complain about. 
      July 25, 2017 6:12 PM MDT

Treatable, yes. But first the person must acknowledge that there is a problem, then make the commitment to change.  
      July 24, 2017 7:35 AM MDT

I read that a majority of Americans would prefer that Trump not tweet. It gets him in a lot of trouble. He'd be better off not doing it but of course he enjoys it so much and so he will continue to do it. It's funny that what others think of him matters so much yet not enough to change his MO. Go figger!  Thank you for your reply LO and Happy Tuesday! :)(
      July 25, 2017 7:02 AM MDT

Someone could easily do their psychology PhD thesis on the man. He's the ultimate head case.
      July 25, 2017 1:47 PM MDT

No, no, no! It's the spoon's fault that "over-eaters" gain weight, at least according to the thinking of the anti 2nd Amendment types . . . 
      July 24, 2017 7:46 AM MDT

Your brain must be laid out exactly like this, in glorious black and white.

July 25, 2017 1:52 PM MDT

So let me see if I understand your "thinking" correctly. 

In one case an inanimate machined metal forging (or stamping) assembly has no responsibility for any human actions whatsoever and in the other case the inanimate machined metal forging assembly is completely responsible for what it does. No human personal responsibility for the latter . . . 

Seems legit . . . 

But what if that that inanimate forging or stamping is a knife instead of a spoon and it comes out of the silverware drawer and cuts someone. Is that the responsibility of the knife or of the person wielding it? Or maybe it's the nitrocellulose that's really the bad part? What'cha think?  
      July 25, 2017 2:18 PM MDT

I think you totally missed my point. Here's a clue: it has nothing to do with spoons.

July 25, 2017 2:56 PM MDT

thats true
      July 24, 2017 2:00 PM MDT

As Karen pointed out, you also exhibit compulsive behavior with dozens of daily posts that you say you must ask or you will 'go bonkers'. I hope that you are asking this questions because you would like to seek help and I wish you the best of luck.
      July 25, 2017 5:39 PM MDT